Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maxtronic and 944S2MAX - Rennlist discount 12/01/06-01/01/07

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 08:44 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Maxtronic and 944S2MAX - Rennlist discount 12/01/06-01/01/07

The time has come!

The Maxtronic is ready to ship as promised.

I've been telling you guys about this for a month now, and now it is time!

What is the Maxtronic?

The Maxtronic is a eprom emulator that looks just like the chip to the DME computer. At any given time 8 images are available and will be selectable via a remote switch.

When you purchase a chip along with the Maxtronic you will receive the Maxtronic pre-loaded with your chip image ready to plug into your DME computer. If you are an existing customer your Maxtronic will come pre-loaded with the chip your ordered prior, again plug and play. We will also include a valet map in switch position 8. And a no-start map if requested.

Now when you upgrade your car you with modifications that require a different tune you contact us for a new tune just as you would a chip upgrade, only it’ll be less expensive than the chip upgrade, and much quicker as we will merely email you the chip image, or allow you to download it from the website and you plug your computer into the Maxtronic via USB cable and upload the chip image.

NO MORE CHIPS! This is the greatest achievement, and we’ve packaged the Maxtronic with software to load your chip images with ease in a point-and-click fashion with detailed instructions.

The initial product release that we’ve been telling you about for months offers the greatest amount of flexibility this market has ever experienced.

You can read all about the Maxtronic features and future directions in the link above, and may purchase now on our main site at MAXhpkit via the Rennlist link at the bottom left of the main site page.

Inside of the next 3 months we will introduce MaxTune. MaxTune allows you to tune your car live while it is running. This can be done while driving and monitoring variables such as A/F ratio, or while the car is on a dyno machine allowing you to dial in your tune to get the best power band for your specific configuration. Maxtune is based on the popular The Motronic Editor which has been used by tuners for years on 911s, 944/951s, and other models. The MaxTune version will introduce the ability to tweak AFM transfer function for MAF tuning, rev limit increase or decrease, and full access to all fuel and timing maps.

But you don’t have to wait for MaxTune to take advantage of the versatility of the Maxtronic, you can download the Motronic Editor and work on your tune on your computer, and then transfer the new tune to the Maxtronic. Giving you full tuning capabilities. It must be noted that the Motronic editor, and other tuning software currently available incorporates no protection from going outside safe limits, and should only be used by the experienced tuner. Even MaxTune, with limits to protect you, should still be used by the experienced tuner, or with great caution if you want to learn to tune your own car. Not everyone will want this ability, and we will always support re-tuning of your Maxtronic images. You also save money in purchasing tuning upgrades from us. A chip upgrade for a different tune costs 100.00 USD, where a chip image upgrade will be 75.00 USD. We will also offer stock chip images for free download from our website so that you may switch between stock and performance chip tunes if so desired. We’ve worked long and hard to provide this complete product solution, working with the manufacturer of the emulator to OEM his product tailored to my specifications and added functionality to incorporate present and future features of our product line. And with the author of the Motronic Editor to produce MaxTune, a revolutionary tuning product. Others will imitate our work, but no one else will equal our offering or our service.

The Maxtronic is available now on our website on the link above, be sure to click on the Rennlist link to get the promotional pricing of 250.00 USD. If you purchase the Maxtronic along with a chip image there is further discounts, with the 951MAX chip images the cost is 474.00USD, a total of $75.00 discount. Ordered with the 944S or newly released 944S2 chip image the cost is 400.00USD, a total of $50.00 discount. Again, existing clients will receive the Maxtronic with a copy of your chip pre-loaded in the device and it will be plug and play.

Once again, we thank you for your continued support of our endeavors.

Regards,
Russell

Last edited by rberry951; 12-16-2006 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Link color
Old 11-30-2006, 08:51 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will the MaxTune come with detailed instructions on tuning the car? As far as how much each value represents, when making changes?
Old 11-30-2006, 09:07 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by jgporsche
Will the MaxTune come with detailed instructions on tuning the car? As far as how much each value represents, when making changes?
MaxTune will come with instructions and tuning guidelines, but the interface itself will be intuitive and easy for the novice to take advantage of. In addition, it will have built in protection to keep you from exceeding limits in any given area that may cause damage.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:10 PM
Judson951
Drifting

Goog job being on time and a great price also.

Now can I please have my free one?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:47 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Does this mean that the 944s2 chip is ready as well? I didn't see it on the site yet?

Jeff
Old 11-30-2006, 10:54 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by slvr993
Does this mean that the 944s2 chip is ready as well? I didn't see it on the site yet?

Jeff
Yes, it will be on the site tomorrow. I am still waiting on the final dyno chart but I'm releasing the V5 S2 chip the testers have as the final version. It will be on the website tomorrow, I just didn't want to make the moderators stick two different announcements.

Regards,
Russell
Old 11-30-2006, 11:09 PM
slvr993
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Oh Yea!!!!!!

Thanks

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 12:47 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Oh, I failed to mention the 944S2MAX pricing, retail will be 175.00, Rennlist promotion 150.00 just like the 944SMAX was. The NA will be the same when it is completed later this month.

Regards,
Russell
Old 12-01-2006, 12:50 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rberry951
Oh, I failed to mention the 944S2MAX pricing, retail will be 175.00, Rennlist promotion 150.00 just like the 944SMAX was. The NA will be the same when it is completed later this month.

Regards,
Russell
A few minutes till the month is up...

Where's our NA chip!!?!!
Old 12-01-2006, 12:52 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
A few minutes till the month is up...

Where's our NA chip!!?!!
Heh, don't make me come up there and smack you around with a roll of silly putty!

I guess in my mind it's already December...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:21 AM
swimmingly
Instructor

This may be a stupid question because I've never fiddled with chipping at all; do all of these chips that tuners sell replace a stock chip that's in there? If so...

Russell, would it be possible for you to place the stock chip image online (I don't know if that violates copyrights or patents) for people who buy the Maxtronic? I assume with the 951Max image, I'd probably never want to go back to stock, but maybe for testing purposes or something it might be useful.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

yes to both of your questions. it is stated in the first very long post of this thread.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:31 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Originally Posted by swimmingly
This may be a stupid question because I've never fiddled with chipping at all; do all of these chips that tuners sell replace a stock chip that's in there? If so...

Russell, would it be possible for you to place the stock chip image online (I don't know if that violates copyrights or patents) for people who buy the Maxtronic? I assume with the 951Max image, I'd probably never want to go back to stock, but maybe for testing purposes or something it might be useful.
I don't think it's stupid, in fact I have anticipated it and indeed I will make stock chip images available for free. I had to do some checking on this to make sure it was legal. Some people may very well want to run selectable chip maps for different reasons. Street/race, performance/economy, stock/performance, etc. Per Porsche, if you own one of their cars you are entitled to their software. So if you take out your chip and replace it with a chip emulator you are entitled to copy, or obtain a copy of that chip and put it on the emulator. And yes, in the past all tuning was done by replacing your stock chip with the performance chip, in the case of the Maxtronic, it plugs into the DME computer where the stock chip would go.

Regards,
Russell
Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

In regard to the 944S2MAX orders, be sure and let me know what year your car is when placing your order, or drop me a note here, or at rberry951@maxhpkit.com, or via the contact form on our website. There is a difference in the chips for different year models.

Regards,
Russell
Old 12-02-2006, 02:35 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

I just want to take an extra moment here to express my gratitude to these people I refer to as 'beta testers'. Most are much more than that to me, we work closely together and become friends, and comrads with a common goal, to better our cars and the market for our community.

It takes time to develop the best products, and the people who volunteer their cars and time to help out are my special heros. With the 944S2MAX development, James, Bill, thank you both, you've been absolutely wonderful to work with. I feel so fortunate to find such good people.

Others here who have helped, Jesse, Brandon, Vic, you guys have served not only me, but the entire community. Without you, product development would have taken months and months to try to secure loaner cars and dynos locally to perform the tasks you have performed. I don't know what else to say, I just can't express my appreciation enough.

Thank you.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: Maxtronic and 944S2MAX - Rennlist discount 12/01/06-01/01/07