Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wiper problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 01:10 PM
kep
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper problems

I've been having a problem with the wipers on my 84 944 almost since I bought it. The problem is this: first everything worked fine ,wiper, washer, only a problem with the intermittent position. It progressed to only high speed, continiously,to high speed only if I held the washer on at the same time, to nothing at all. I checked the fuses, all tight , none blown. I removed the wiper switch, cleaned it with electronic contact cleaner, same thing. I replaced the swich, and only the intermittent wipers will work now, nothing else, including the washer. I've reserved myself to the ritual of rain -xing the windshield as the wipers are useless at this point. any hints? Also one other thing. If I understand correctly, Porsche was an electrical engineer or something of that sort. It has been my experience with every German car I've owned has had some electrical gremlins, this one the worst. this isn't the only problem, the only one I haven't been able to trace yet. Seems the electrical systems on these cars should be exemplary though,huh? Any help is greatly appreciated
Old 11-15-2006, 06:41 PM
JimV8
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 354 Posts

What year is your car? I have an 85.5 and my wiper issues was the relay module in the fuse box.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:07 PM
kep
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's an 84.I've looked at the wiring diagram ( you need to be an engineer to understand the darn thing) and it seems there is only one power source to the wiper switch, so I assumed the fault lie there.I don't see a relay in the circuit except for the intermittent function, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. Where would it be located?

Quick Reply: wiper problems