Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody know where to get the stainless steel door threshold moldings.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 05:58 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, several people have told me they were snapped on TOP of the existing POS plastic ones & several have said they replaced them- could there have been two dif types? Now it's sounding like there could have been a factory SS part too...?

Sam- there's a TINY bit of room b/t the door & the plastic, but not much- when I did my 6x8 experiment at the underside of the armrests, I had a 1/8" panel that tapered down & did not quite go to the bottom of the door pocket- this piece pressed the door pocket bottom out, ever so slightly- it might have come out 1/32" or so & it pinched on the plastic- this is how I know there is very little tolerance. Maybe 1/32" is pushing it, but I know it wasn't more than 1/16" & that's pretty damn tight... Those SS ones could be razor thin & might still overlap the plastic ones, but if Simmomi is right, then maybe they did replace them altogether...? would be cooler, but as has been stated, would make it more difficult since they'd have to pinch on....
Old 11-08-2006, 04:15 PM
simmomi
Pro

I didn't install mine - my wrench did, and it's been too long to remember what the underside of the rails looked like, but if I recall, I think there "may" have been some clips under the rails. Not sure on that.

Let me know if you need some specific pics of the rails.

And according to what I've been told, mine at least were a dealer part. No longer available.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I feel pretty certain that if there are clips Mike than they were added somehow as the two sets that I had went on over the plastic rails.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
simmomi
Pro

I could be wrong - for some reason, I just had some recollection of there being some clips on them.

As for them being installed without the plastic rails, again I can only comment on my install. You've seen my rails before, so you know what hey look like. I don't know if yours were the same.

Quick Reply: Anybody know where to get the stainless steel door threshold moldings.