Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me choose a color scheme

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 02:12 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me choose a color scheme

First off, this forum has been an excellent resource... I joined a few years ago to learn about the intricacies of a 924S, so that I could perform some basic maintenance on my aunt's car. Somewhere along the way, we worked out a deal... I could get the car, free, once she found a replacement. There's now a 1999 Saab 9-3 Viggen in the driveway and I will be handed the keys (finally) the next time I drive down to NJ to visit.

It's got all the signs of being a daily driver for a busy person- faded paint, dings, dents, torn seats, non-functioning speedo/odo etc. etc. etc. It's deffinitely a project car, but since I will be doing all the work, I have a lot more $$$ to work with. It's still a tight budget, but workable. I'm learning to weld, done fiberglass and CF work, and have already rebuilt a Yamaha YZF600 tranny, so I'm not worried.

My plans are to strip the mechanicals and sound deadening and repaint it completely. Then engine/torque tube/tranny rebuild. Interior will have some carpeting and two seats... basically a raw weekend toy that I could auto-x, DE or drive through New England in the fall.

This is how it sits now... I need some suggestions for some low-key paint schemes, such as flat black w/gloss black wheels and 924S script on the doors (could also be the PORSCHE script)

Old 11-04-2006, 02:35 PM
sharky47
Set to Full-Auto
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm in the same boat. My 944 track car is almost stripped, going to paint the interior in the next week or two. It is gold right now - which I think is revolting - I want to paint it white, then add graphics. I havn't figured out exactly what I am going to do yet, but I would like to work the German colors in there somehow......
Old 11-04-2006, 03:08 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

She looks good! You planning to bring her up before the snow hits?
Old 11-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great deal!! Don't worry after a good wash/wax she'll look a lot better.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:59 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The DareDevil
She looks good! You planning to bring her up before the snow hits?
Nope... no garage space at home, but I do have garage space at my great-uncle's home in NJ. I'll see if he's also considering helping me out. He's a retired machinist and has some engine swap experience (Super Beetle + VW bus = slightly faster VW bus ). I might spend a week of my month-long Christmas break down there to strip it and start hammering out the dents.

Quick Reply: Help me choose a color scheme