Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 months later I get into ANOTHER accident..need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's not a young kid in college guys....... LOL. He's probably using his GI Bill.
Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM
SS S2
Instructor

I could not agree more. You are going to show up on the "index system" and the insurance company may choose to claim a pre-existing condition. However, if you have had a bunch of prior injuries, but were asyptomatic (not having any symptoms) before the collision, it's tough for the insurance company to use the "pre-existing condition" argument. You are then an "egg-shell" claimant (one who has been weakend by prior injuries and more likely to actually be injured by a more minor collision).

My advise, let he insurance company have a crack at it so you pocket more $. There really is no headache. All you do is treat your injury and let them get the bills and notes from your Dr. If you are being honest and really do have an injury, just stop when you are feeling better and negotiate a fair settlement. Soft tissue injuries are no longer a big dollar claim and only yeild a few bucks. If things get really bad, you can always get representation. All PI (Personal Injury) Attorney's do is write a letter saying they represent you, collect your billings and then send a demand letter to the insurance company asking for a stupid large amount of money so you don't sue them for malpractice.
Eventually, the claim settles at a fair amount, but it takes a few months so the attorney can look like they are fighting for you...all the while, they are really just waiting out the insurance company becasue the attorney is hoping they get a burried adjuster who just wants to get the file off his/her desk.

Can you guess what I do for a living? hahaha!

If you really want some specific help, pm me...I don't charge for advise.

you didn't post any pics of damage so it's hard to assess what you really have in the way of damage to the vehicle and yourself.

were you in traffic, stopped, on the hiway, on an on/off ramp?

rest assured, the insurance rep will have info about your last accident, which makes for a pre-existing condition.

too many rear enders and insurance co's start to wonder if you were checking someone's reflexes for following too close.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:21 PM
racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Careful.. these things happen in three's
Old 11-03-2006, 12:25 AM
Royalty
Banned

I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

To get a good understanding of what happened...
I was 3 cars back at a red light.
I was not braking or slowing down. I was stopped.

She hits me. boom. My life begins to suck all over again.

You guys r right, i'll let my lawyer handle it. The additional student loan thing doesn't sound like a bad idea either.

hahah, I'm 25 and a USAF vet. I had a lil bit of money for a lil while and now that i'm in school I'm finding that I didnt save as much as I needed to.

SS S2 thanks for the good advice.

I guess I'll jsut keep doing what I'm doing and when all teh settlement dust covers I'll retire. hahaha

Quick Reply: 6 months later I get into ANOTHER accident..need opinions