Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car problems...Are they big?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 11:11 PM
jeeper31
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
I wasnt going to bother pointing that out.. thanks Dan
Happy to help!!!!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Bill Lucas
Burning Brakes

Tom,

It's a (shocker) Red S2. So far with the help of someone who's really good at this stuff I've done the following:

Clutch and related parts
Plugs
Ignition Wires
Cap
Rotor
All New Belts
All New Hoses
Rebuilt Ball Joints
Replaced Broken End Link and Bushings
Repaired Sunroof
Replaced Cracked Taillight

I'm sure there are other items I've done that are slipping my mind right now.

I live in Northern Virginia near Washington, DC. I'm really enjoying the car and I am looking forward to getting it to a more reliable stage. I thought it was there until this past weekend.

There aren't too many items left on my list at this point. I am thinking about replacing the starter because I'm sure that solenoid if going to give up the ghost before too long. The cam tensioner pad is also high on my priorities at this point. I don't want that baby failing on me.

Regards.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:15 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PHP Code:
Today's testing pointed to the alternator so I've ordered one from 944online 
Well... if the berrings are quiet and thte stator passes a continuneuity(?) test, maybe consider replacing just the voltage reg? Prolly save a couple of $$.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:41 PM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Check the vacume lines first because it's easier. If you have a crack in one of the lines that goes to the fule pressure regulator or damper, you might have those "starvation" symptoms - doesn't happen all the time, but when you're getting on the throttle and accelerating, it's like it just misfires for a second or two.
Other than that, I'd suspect the sensors for the flywheel. These will usually give you a little more prolonged periond of rough running (like for more than a couple of seconds). Most of the time, the problem with those is the connectors where the sensor pluggs into the harness (right at the back of the engine)

Quick Reply: Car problems...Are they big?