Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I was put to Shame

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006 | 02:25 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

They do come with airbag self leveling suspensions and I am sure you can modify one to do that. Mine has a 2 way paging alarm where if you disarm it, the passenger "bus" doors will open and the driver door unlocks. The microwave motion detector is a trip too. I just bought a fridge for it and will have wireless network and broadband via cell phone along with LCD touchscreen GPS for front and regular LCD for the back. I just had the bus reskined with 20 gauge steel plating so it will probably stop a 9mm bullet. Solar panels with a BIG a/c inverter (maybe 2) will be installed along with 3 or probably 4 more batteries (has 2 already) so I can run the 110v ac air conditioner for hours without the thing running. This thing will the a very cool track vehicle towing the trailer (has its own generator and 110v ac florescent lights along with cabinets so I can work on the car at the track if it breaks). I don't think I am going to do it but I contemplated having a ladder going from the inside to the roof of the bus and have a big umbrella and beach chairs up there for people to sit and watch the race from 10 ft up in the shade. I just spent the whole day fiberglassing the rear to install LED type of brake/tail lights. Tomorrow is a whole different day.
Old 09-01-2006 | 02:34 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Legoland951
Z-man, you are beginning to give me a feeling of hope as more of these threads pop up. The way I see it, this forum is going the way of teenage ricer honduh forums with kill storiez. I guess when I started, more people were posting asking and giving technical advice. We lost enough people who contribute good information because they don't want to shuffle through these "I compared the size of mine versus John Holmes' and am ashamed because his was bigger". First of all, why compare and if so, why compare to someone you know is going to beat you because he has a 12 incher and then feel ashamed?
The irony is that the majority of killstory posters aren't teens at all. ::Cough:: andial ::cough::
Old 09-01-2006 | 04:22 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Serge944
The irony is that the majority of killstory posters aren't teens at all. ::Cough:: andial ::cough::
sad but true
Old 09-02-2006 | 08:36 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ilikemy944
I love boost...

Not in 3rd/4th gear
I have a 05 SV650S, and my old 951 would run it... Obviously not from a stop though.

muahahha! the power is all mine now..lol. jk.. i still havent even sat in it. LOL
Old 09-02-2006 | 09:49 PM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

Legoland, I honestly can't tell if you are joking. Regardless, that is, how do the kids say, "crunk dawg!"
Old 09-02-2006 | 10:01 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Legoland951
They do come with airbag self leveling suspensions and I am sure you can modify one to do that. Mine has a 2 way paging alarm where if you disarm it, the passenger "bus" doors will open and the driver door unlocks. The microwave motion detector is a trip too. I just bought a fridge for it and will have wireless network and broadband via cell phone along with LCD touchscreen GPS for front and regular LCD for the back. I just had the bus reskined with 20 gauge steel plating so it will probably stop a 9mm bullet. Solar panels with a BIG a/c inverter (maybe 2) will be installed along with 3 or probably 4 more batteries (has 2 already) so I can run the 110v ac air conditioner for hours without the thing running. This thing will the a very cool track vehicle towing the trailer (has its own generator and 110v ac florescent lights along with cabinets so I can work on the car at the track if it breaks). I don't think I am going to do it but I contemplated having a ladder going from the inside to the roof of the bus and have a big umbrella and beach chairs up there for people to sit and watch the race from 10 ft up in the shade. I just spent the whole day fiberglassing the rear to install LED type of brake/tail lights. Tomorrow is a whole different day.
:O pics!
Old 09-02-2006 | 10:13 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

I am totally not kidding about anything I posted so far concerning the previous stupid things I have done or the bus project. This thing is a 94 E350 cutaway with a 7.3L diesel and 15000 GVWR so weight is not a problem. Its still under construction and I still have to find a tow hitch that will work for it along with LED brake and tail lights. The old tail light holes were just fiberglassed and body filled as it was very big and totally ugly. Don_944_LA in San Diego supplied me with the 7" LCD touchscreen for the GPS and another 944 friend of mine (coast guard who works on yachts and diesels) helped me replace the oil pan (10 hours book time and much harder than a 944) along with a whole lot of work including new shocks, valve cover gaskets (7 hours book time), 8 NEW injectors, all belts, undercoating, trans service, oil, air, fuel, trans filters, paint, fiberglass work, etc. (about $3500 out of pocket and $10k if I paid a RV place to do all the work). There is more I have to do and I am getting burned out.

Quick Reply: I was put to Shame