Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car show

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 07:43 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down car show

i just got back from a local car show, i was rather excited since i havent been to a show in years. total gm sausage fest! not one euro import. i wanted to enter my car just for showing, im not gonna win any awards with the way the car is now. But its still at the shop. and no one would have said sh*t anyway i would have been the only porsche there! not to mention the only euro import. every tom dick and harry was there with his vette, camaro, trans am, chevelle.... and not to mention all the rice burners..... i need to find a car show thats more towards imports, anyone know where i might find that?

the cobra's owner swore up and down its an authentic cobra- must not have noticed the "Factory Five" label under the hood. there was two cobras there one blue/white, one red/white. this was the only car i had taken a picture of at the show.

the Trans Am was in the parking lot! i took pictures for sentimental reasons.

Last edited by SwiftyZenBadd; 08-20-2006 at 08:16 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:51 PM
ubercooper
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know what you mean about the gm fest, but you still have to have some respect for the classics. Im not saying that firebirds are cool, (which they are not...) but you have to give props to the guys who maintain and care for the 40-50 year old cars. I hate to say it, but, I do like the cobras
my .02
Old 08-20-2006, 10:00 PM
RM512
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll second that! The shows in this area are typically 85% GM, 10% Ford and the rest Mopars. I love the Mopars, but all the GM products are a little redundant. Some AMC products would be nice to see.

A show geared towards euro-cars would be a welcome change.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:26 PM
944kid
Banned

Hey, I see an Orange VW Beetle in that first pic!
Old 08-21-2006, 01:07 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

oh yeah, forgot about that little guy. im not saying i hate all gm's n classics. i love that trans am becuase my best friend had one, and we used to tear sh*t up with her, but he never got it restored, so i figured id show him what his coulda been. I also love the cobras, i even got the dvd from Factory Five. i just wouldve liked to see an original. There was a Javalin and an AMX. Its just that if there was one chevelle, there were 14 more, the same goes for camaros-jesus christ if i dont see another camaro it will be too soon! I would just love to see a show like this but something more towards the european classics. next car show, my 44 will be there representing!

Quick Reply: car show