Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Midwest get together - KCWS Renntreffen 2006

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:21 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the offer, is always a good idea to group up and travel.........

As it turns out I will be unable to attend. I will be hiking across the grand canyon durring that time. Took 2 yrs to get permits, no way I can change it.

But thanks for all feedback and info. Sounds like a good group, and sounds like fun. Perhaps next time
Old 08-23-2006, 12:15 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump. Can't we get this pinned?
Old 08-24-2006, 01:35 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

What kind or recipes do you have out there in K.C. there Mikey. You can trust me to keep a secret!! I will also be bringing the cones again in-case there is a shopping cart or two.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:39 AM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 2bridges
Thanks for the offer, is always a good idea to group up and travel.........

As it turns out I will be unable to attend. I will be hiking across the grand canyon durring that time. Took 2 yrs to get permits, no way I can change it.

But thanks for all feedback and info. Sounds like a good group, and sounds like fun. Perhaps next time
Ah that sounds cool! And I'm sure we'll be doing it again next year so plan on coming down! And feel free to come down for a wrenching session some weekend. Watch kcws.org for the dates.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:41 AM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NICK G.
What kind or recipes do you have out there in K.C. there Mikey. You can trust me to keep a secret!! I will also be bringing the cones again in-case there is a shopping cart or two.
Ah Nick. I'll never tell! You'll just have to wait and sample! Of course, now that Wade's out of the picture there's no stopping me from taking home another trophy this year! (Since apparently Jim has been skewing the scoring of the IRL (Indoor Racing League) I probably won't get that.)
Old 08-25-2006, 01:34 AM
NICK G.
Instructor

We have been looking for samples since last year We are even headed to Nashville for some sampling in the next couple of weeks. We will try to bring are A game to the contest if not I know at least it will be are 75%-90% proof game. We look forward to all competitors just remember to watch out for the shots from boxdoc.You know he has access to pharmaceuticals Wade even if your not in the contest this year you can always bring a sample or two! Does any one have a picture of the old time photo from the last two years that you can post.I think this year we will need a bigger room for are group photo
Old 08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

I need to call them to see if we can't reserve a time for the group photo. It's on my to do list! I had a digital picture of it somewhere I thought, but I can't seem to find it.
This a great weekend ya'll. Be sure to try to make it!
Old 08-25-2006, 05:26 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here's a picture of the trophies from last year for the Jello shot contest and the IRL. VERY nice!
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2006, 05:37 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

More from 2005. Show location will be different this year. We'll be very near the water at the Horny Toad at Toad Cove.
Attached Images     
Old 09-03-2006, 05:35 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This event is just weeks away! Looking forward to seeing everyone again
Old 09-07-2006, 06:13 PM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

I'm getting my car together this weekend. Just a few small repairs and a maintenance item or two and I'm all set! My wife is pretty excited about the trip too!

I'm sure the front of my car be sporting the ever popular all insect bra after we arrive. What do you guys suggest for a little clean up and polish once we get there?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:09 PM
boxdoc2
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve,
There's a car wash not to far from Tan-Tar-A that most will hit on Saturday. I usually chamois dry and then hit it with quick detail. Shines up pretty nice. Don't feel like you've got to get crazy with it though. It's not a concourse event by any means!
Old 09-07-2006, 11:48 PM
JimGinKC
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike's right, and no matter what I say Friday night, I will not be up at dawn (Lin!) to wash and detail my car....
Old 09-11-2006, 09:31 AM
SD Porsche Fan
Cast Iron Man
Rennlist Member

If anyone wants to work some bugs out of their car before Renntreffen come on up to Sioux Falls for Germanfest this Saturday!

Just installed a new stereo. Got the General Lee's old wheelwell liner from Scott repaired. I'll install that this week along with my patched up batwing. My ride's gonna be tight yo! (That sooo doesn't sound right comming from me! lol!)
Old 09-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Wade B
Cleveland Rocks
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Well, I waited 'til the last possible minute to make sure but.........

.....looks like I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I got involved with a pretty important and involved musical project that has sapped most of the time I needed to address some issues with my car to make sure it could weather the trip.
Just got off the phone with Scott a while ago explaining the situation to him (sorry to get you up there, Scott ).

Looks like the weather is going to be super nice just like last year. I put up for vacation time from work very early in anticipation of this event, and I had some friends in Missouri that were going to meet up with us at the lake in hopes of converting them to Porsche owners, too. So this is a big disappointment for me. After seeing all the local billboards for the Horny Toad, this looks like it would be a happening thing this year, even more so than last year.

So you guys all have fun for me, take plenty of pics, and I'll see ya' next year.......

Quick Reply: Midwest get together - KCWS Renntreffen 2006