Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Trans. Too tough to do in garage???

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 02:19 PM
will951
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
Im in bright sun, so at first I thought that read assmotors...

Maybe I'm not very smart.....but how were they selling an LSD transmission that doesn't even come with a diff? Wouldn't you have to supply the diff to really have an LSD?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:36 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by will951
Definitely buying a set of those!

So an update - the company I bought my 'LSD transmission' (as advertised) from called me. "Oh by the way....it doesn't come with a diff". I say what?? Why did I pay top dollar for something that isn't even complete? "Well that's how it is sir" So they refunded my money....less 10% restocking charge!!! I lost $200 for something that never even f*cking shipped out to me!!!

These people are ********! www.asapmotors.com.

Now I'm back to trying to find an LSD Turbo unit....COMPLETE this time.

Any leads let me know. I'm about to just park this car for the winter.....
That sucks. Were they just selling and LSD unit (which is usually a clutch type thing?) or really a 944 transaxle with the differential part missing?
I suppose if it was an LSD turbo trans that someone swiped the LSD unit out of, it's still sort of an LSD trans as per the trans code. More likely they are just confused.

If you paid by CC you can file a dispute. I would not pay to restock a part that was not as advertised.

-Joel.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:22 PM
951Tom
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I used the Harborfreight transmission jack, 450lb capacity. It made pulling the trans easy. Car was up about 20inches on jack stands too. Having the right tools really does make the job fun!

Tom
'87 951
Old 08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
ApexCars
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would dispute the charge with your CC company. There shouldn't be a restocking fee if they never even sent the part. That would have to be some kind of an order cancelation fee or a we're freaking scam artists who probably don't even have the part and are just trying to rip you off for $200 fee. Tell your insurance company that you ordered the part and never recieved it.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:07 AM
will951
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ApexCars
I would dispute the charge with your CC company. There shouldn't be a restocking fee if they never even sent the part. That would have to be some kind of an order cancelation fee or a we're freaking scam artists who probably don't even have the part and are just trying to rip you off for $200 fee. Tell your insurance company that you ordered the part and never recieved it.
That's another thing that screwed me. I payed for it with my debit card. Money was out over the weekend after ordering Friday night. They waited until Thurs to tell me it didn't have a diff on it. So....they've already got my money and now have already put MOST of it back.

I call the lady and try to have a reasonable discussion.....but she is a pain in the ***.

Quick Reply: Replacing Trans. Too tough to do in garage???