Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: My new boost problem. Help appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default UPDATE: My new boost problem. Help appreciated.

Update: The boosts sits at 1 bar on WOT, but if I take my foot off the throttle then push it down again it goes to full boost and then bounces back - So technically I can maintain full boost if I "pump" the throttle. What is the deal?? Sounds like something is wrong with the throttle itself. And Im beginning to hear a lifter tick ):

Ok well last night I took off the hard pipes and the airbox/afm to get a better view while hunting a small oil leak - Didnt find what i was looking for, so I put it all back together and started it up and it idled fine and then i went to bed.

I woke up this morning to go for a drive and it wasnt boosting over 1 bar.
I think to myself "Must have left something loose in there"

I open her up and start checking all the hose clamps and anything i might have touched last night and it seemed like everything was coo so I tightened one clamp down the might have been a little loose and tried again. No luck.

Then I take everything back off to retrace my footsteps. I assemble everything again making sure everything is fitted well and tightened. I got for another drive, but this time i was a little more spirited with it. it will sometimes boost to as little as 1 bar, and sometimes it will boost to full, then quickly fall back down again. What is going on here? Vacuum? is this a comput

er thing?

Last edited by Lorax; 08-12-2006 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Update
Old 08-13-2006, 12:31 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Ok now a throttle question.. When the pedal is to the floor should the end of the little half circle the throttle cable sits on make contact with the other piece of metal that stops it? Mine is about 1cm short with the pedal all the way depressed.

Quick Reply: UPDATE: My new boost problem. Help appreciated.