Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Portland Parade Autocross video and other snippets - update w/ Parade pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 05:58 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Portland Parade Autocross video and other snippets - update w/ Parade pics.

Got back from Parade yesterday. Won best in class trophy with the 924S. Not a cheap trophy, either. Heavy enough to bash someone over the head with - and kill them.
In Car Video Here
FYI, while this may look slow, it was very fast, actually, in non-cone areas. Think in the 80mph range...

Also, Bill Burris from the PCA.org site 944 Technical commitee help a discussion panel on "Quirks of the Water Cooled Four cylinder front engined cars" that I videotaped and will be capturing soon. Bill worked for the Porsche factory at some period.
I asked Bill and my "make it new" desire. And he said Porsche does do that. If you got the cash, they'll take your car back to Germany and "make it brand new"
I'm going to inquire how much..mostly out of curiosity, but partially because I'd love to do it.

As a side-note, my pesky lower balance shaft oil leak is finally fixed, as per Parade competition rules stated - NO fluid leaks. So I bit the bullet and spent $600 to have the leak fixed by a local shop where I will not return to. They had the car two weeks, didn't touch it till a week after I dropped it off...I told them I was headed to Parade and that I needed time to make sure the leak had indeed stoped. "When I fix it, I fix it right" I was told.... and then...when I get it back, it still leaked like crazy. So I call them. And tell them I'm bringing it in and that they were going to look at it immediatly.
Some moron forgot to put a bolt back in the oil cooler housing or something like that - behind the belt covers.
I waited...while they fixed it.
For free. They were for sure.
New belts, too.

Last edited by WolfeMacleod; 08-18-2006 at 04:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:11 PM
Camaro_Muncher
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOOOOOOOO i forgot about that. I even live in portland.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Big E
Racer

Originally Posted by WolfeMacleod
I asked Bill and my "make it new" desire. And he said Porsche does do that. If you got the cash, they'll take your car back to Germany and "make it brand new"
I'm going to inquire how much..mostly out of curiosity, but partially because I'd love to do it.
I think they just send it to kevincnc
Old 08-18-2006, 01:18 AM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Originally Posted by Camaro_Muncher
NOOOOOOOO i forgot about that. I even live in portland.
Let me get this straight...

You forgot???
Old 08-18-2006, 01:45 PM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heck I live here, am a PCA member, and did not go. All of the events were scheduled during the week and during business hours. As much as I love porsches, it is kind of tough to tell my clients that I have to take a day off to go check out a concours competition. Most people don't even know what that is.

So alas, as I drove home from work each day I would see the myriad 911's, Boxsters, and 914s make their way back out to LO. Sob story I know , but making it to Jantzen Beach anytime in the afternoon is not convenient. Not to mention I would feel really crappy since my own p-car is in pieces in my garage. Ah well such is life.

At least I see someone on the board is from Portland!
Old 08-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Camaro_Muncher
Pro

Yea, i saw all the porsches and i thought "oh ****!". I was in new york so i missed most of it anyways.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:16 PM
WolfeMacleod
Drifting

Well, for those in Portland who weren't able to go...I don't know if you'd seen my post in Off-Topic with pictures. But if not, here's the link.

281 pictures.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=281+pics

Quick Reply: Portland Parade Autocross video and other snippets - update w/ Parade pics.