Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware. Turby parts. Mod, can we get a sticky?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:13 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His handle on ebay is "tryingtomaketherent." It should be "tryingtopaymylawyersoIdontlandinprisonandgetrapedabunchoftimes"

Idiot.
-Z
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm not here to stick up for anyone, but if those are stolen parts they'd be in an evidence locker somewhere or back in the victims' possession. Anyone live near Mr. Kipper able to check the court files to see what his status is? Has he pled or gone to trial? Still pending?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:20 PM
dmjames
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly hope that there are some other people in on that operation from the police that at least know what the hell they're talking about... At the same time, it's good to see that operations like that at least get a little bit of attention from the law.
Old 08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 116 Likes on 84 Posts

Is that Rolex's intercooler?
Old 08-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 146 Posts

Holy grand theft auto! If he transported the stolen good across state lines and sold stolen goods via the internet wouldn't this be a federal case? Federal pen, yikes!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Dr.Porsche
Rennlist Member

Hey Kip, can I have those wheels please!!! KILLIN' me with the "911"
Old 08-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MichelleJD
I'm not here to stick up for anyone, but if those are stolen parts they'd be in an evidence locker somewhere or back in the victims' possession.
That occurred to me, but then you realize these parts would not have had serial numbers on them, so how could they have been proven stolen? Is it possible the police had to leave these because they weren't traceable?

Even if these parts are unrelated to the theft of Rob's car, the fact remains that Kipper has been arrested before for dealing with stolen parts. I'm not convinced the leopard has changed his spots.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:30 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree that if this is turby I wouldn't want to be within a 1000 miles of these parts. Can YOU say "possession of stolen property?" Yikes! It's just hard to believe the cops would return this property without extensive investigation.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:34 PM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's just say that the parts that Mr. Turdy (opps - I mean Turby) is selling ARE legit - then I ask you this question: Would you want to support a person who has already been convicted of selling stolen property? (For those of you keeping score at home, prior to this year's bust, he had served time for operating a chop-shop.) Would you want to support a guy who used RENNLIST to steal someone's car?

I thought so...

-Z-man.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I agree that if this is turby I wouldn't want to be within a 1000 miles of these parts. Can YOU say "possession of stolen property?" Yikes! It's just hard to believe the cops would return this property without extensive investigation.

Unless they were undiscovered in another location. He could have recovered them from a friend. It's been discussed and investigated and there is a great deal of confidence that this is turby.

Even if these particular pieces are not stolen, I thought those unfamiliar with him would like to know his history and I would hope all users of this forum would avoid him like the plague for how he used/abused this community to enable his theft.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:51 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

I agree Dan. I'm just finding it hard to believe that turby got away with stolen parts and is still able to foist them on the public. Is the arresting agency there that inept?
Old 08-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Daily944
Racer

Originally Posted by Z-man
Would you want to support a guy who used RENNLIST to steal someone's car?

-Z-man.

Hell no!

He could have easily had them at a friends house, and went right back to business.

Is the arresting agency there that inept?
I think it's out of the arresting agency's hands now. He could be out on bail, and awaiting trial.. a case this big could actually take a long period of time. The district attorney(or deputy) will take their time in making sure they have everything in order to throw the book at him. I doubt the trial has even started, as case like this you can expect the guy to get 3-5 years but with good behavior he will be out in under 2( I could be wrong with the sentence time). It's sad at how bad our judicial system works, but I guess it's better then nothing.

I know here in California, if the DA wanted to throw the book at this guy every $500 is a felony. He'd be royally screwed, especially if you add up the values of the 2 cars and all the parts. I'm no attorney, but I know a few(in this state how can you not? ) I also grew up with a friend who's dad was a Sargent at the time, and 2 of my high school buddies are local PD.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I wouldn't take anything from him for FREE let alone pay him for ANYTHING. Heck, if he paid me I wouldn't want the parts. I hate thieves. Cut their hands off.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:39 PM
JEC_31
Three Wheelin'

Insane.

High probability that he was not "working" alone.

I second the "cut their hands off" motion.

Back in my RX-7 days we had a problem with a repeat offender on the RX-7 Club forum and thepartstrader dotcom classified site. At first it was just the usual "I paid and he never sent me the parts" bullsh*t. Then he actually sent out some parts to people - aftermarket parts that were recognized as being from stolen cars of two forum members, sound familiar?. There was talk of a bunch of forum members from his locale (Toronto area) paying him a visit in person... PMs were sent... then that thread sort of got deleted. The offender disappeared from teh 7-intraweb after that.

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware. Turby parts. Mod, can we get a sticky?