Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start???

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 12:54 AM
sillbeer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start???

It all started with a simple exhaust change. I was installing a full Fabspeed exhaust when a stud on the downpipe broke. Little did I know that meant hours of work. I pulled the turbine off and sent it to Turbo Performance in California to have a K27 cold side put on. While it was gone I ordered a stage 1 2 piece cross over from SFR, a 38mm Tial wastegate, Lindsey super mounts, venturi delete, and new Magnacore plug wires. The car ran fine before this with no issues. After I get it all back together it won't start. I checked to make sure everything is pluged in tight etc. I figured out that it's not getting spark. I'm not sure what to check first to trouble shoot this? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

-Destin
Old 08-10-2006, 01:16 AM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Does the tach needle bounce slightly when you're cranking the car? If it doesn't, one or both of your reference sensors aren't being detected by the DME. With all the work you did you may have worked a connector loose or misaligned a sensor.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:05 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Try reversing your two speed/reference sensors. They may look nice and tightly plugged in, but that's useless if they're cross-connected.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:01 AM
Luis de Prat
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dumb question but, is the coil wire properly plugged in?

You have a PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
sillbeer
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally got the car to start. It was a connector on the back side of the intake manifold that was broke. I'll hard wire it back together here in a few minutes. I had an exhaust leak where the v band was on the 2 piece cross over and fixed that. The only problem it's having now is that the TB won't return back to it's idle position. I can drag it back down when I come to a stop light by just barely engaging the clutch while it's in first to bring the rpms down. But while i'm driving between shifts it revs up to 3,000 rpms and it won't go back to idle. I loosened the throttle cable and it's not hanging up on that. I painted the intake manifold and TB and am thinking maybe it got gooked up with paint around there but i'm not sure.

-Destin

Quick Reply: Car won't start???