Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VA/MD/DC GTG with Audi club in NoVA

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 09:41 PM
BlueDog944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VA/MD/DC GTG with Audi club in NoVA

Hey folks,

If you are in the NoVA area and need something to do this Saturday, the local chapter of the Audi Club is having a lift session/GTG in Sterling. Starts at 9am and goes till about 2pm. Local shop called Funktion Auto specializes in Audi, Porsche, MB and BMW. They are also the local distributor for Radical race cars and usually have at least one or two in the shop to check out.

The not to miss part... we have arranged for a tour of Grand Prix Restorations, a top notch of top notch resto shops world wide. Last time we wer there they had a good 50 cars in various states throughout the entire shop. Some VARY rare, some I've never heard of, and even a couple VERY historically significant cars (like the Lambo Countach #002).

For more info hit our site: http://www.audiclubna.org/chapters/p...t&event_id=102

If you are a member of the Audi Club lift time is free. If you aren't a member and would like lift time to check out your car, do an oil change, work on your brakes, etc... the charge is $40 and the rest of the lift session for the next year will be free (subtle hint at driving up membership). NOTE: Unlike the PCA, Audi club doe NOT require you to own an Audi, just a love of cars.

As an incentive we will be having another lift session in the same area in September, as well as two day DEs at Summit Point in October and one at VIR in November.

If you want to drop by on Saturday, just shoot me an email or PM (TheBlueDog-at-gmail.com) and let me know.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:54 PM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i were not going to be under a 944 all day i would be sure to be there. hmm i wonder if they would give rides in the radical.... well i can dream cant I?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

but Ive got Lakers tickets!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:10 AM
J Silverman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spazegun2213
If i were not going to be under a 944 all day i would be sure to be there. hmm i wonder if they would give rides in the radical.... well i can dream cant I?
Audi club DEs always include dinner and a charity auction is held. In april they auctioned off a ride in a radical. I think it went for $50 or so. Even better was when one member donated his carrera gt last november. The auction was for 5 laps with randy pobst behind the wheel, no other cars on track. That was a bit more money though at around $450.

I really wish I didnt have to work. I missed the last tour of the restoration shop too. Hopefully theyll do it again and Ill make sure to take off work.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:48 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I need to change my oil. Can I use a lift 4 that?

Are the lifts all 4 tires or just a 4 post. I wanna get all worked up about the oil change but not have to spend 4 hours settling down Us crazy weisach tail, I know. LOL

Michael
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 AM
9444Alexis
Banned Pirate Queen
Lifetime Rennlist

I think they are frame lifts........IIRC.

I think I got to sit in one........funny, there were no keys......>sigh<
Old 07-28-2006, 08:17 AM
BlueDog944
Pro

Originally Posted by michaelathome
I need to change my oil. Can I use a lift 4 that?

Are the lifts all 4 tires or just a 4 post. I wanna get all worked up about the oil change but not have to spend 4 hours settling down Us crazy weisach tail, I know. LOL

Michael
They do have one rack lift and the rest are in floor frame lifts. Email me if you're interested in lift time.

Here's a pic of their shop (very clear) and one club member's 951 track car on the lift.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:51 AM
spazegun2213
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J Silverman
Audi club DEs always include dinner and a charity auction is held. In april they auctioned off a ride in a radical. I think it went for $50 or so. Even better was when one member donated his carrera gt last november. The auction was for 5 laps with randy pobst behind the wheel, no other cars on track. That was a bit more money though at around $450.

I really wish I didnt have to work. I missed the last tour of the restoration shop too. Hopefully theyll do it again and Ill make sure to take off work.
a ride with randy *swoon* now THAT would be fun, but not for $450

randy pobst... GREAT guy, and a great driver. I crewed for TPC at the watkins grand am race. Ee took second...eeerrr randy took second

the last one is mike the owner (and part time driver) giving the car a little warm up
Old 07-28-2006, 11:35 AM
BlueDog944
Pro

Randy is a close friend of the chapter. He usually comes and hangs out everytime we are at VIR. He's been known to just walk up to people and ask to drive their car. Nothing more humbling than Randy showing you how to drive your own car!

Quick Reply: VA/MD/DC GTG with Audi club in NoVA