Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

They Towed my 944 (rant)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 11:12 PM
kcryan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You just got overhauled..............
Old 07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
mavfan
Three Wheelin'

isn't it illegal to have a broken odometer?
Old 07-25-2006, 04:50 AM
PCA 944
Burning Brakes

The story gets worse...

So I went to the DMV got a 1 day pass to get the car out of the tow place. After a fun 30 minute wait at the DMV, I head over to the towing company that has the car. They accept the 1 day pass and charge me $175 to get the car out.

Once I get the car out I see a nice $60 parking ticket for the expired tags in the car (tags are 9/05). The car itself seemed unharmed, but it was obvious they had unlocked the passenger door through the window.

After getting the car, I went to the last part of my summer class assuming they wouldn't check the tags (which they didn't the last time I took the 944 there).

Of course, I am welcomed by a $76 parking citation for the expired tags after class. Pissed off, and tired of losing so much money in one day for a car I'm selling I decided to head home and park the car in the covered spot where I wouldn't have to deal with this crap.

With my laser/radar detector on (Solo 2) I got to the exit for the apartment with no problems. Right as I turn in the exit-only lane the radar detector goes off and I see a cop. Although I wasn't speeding I slowed down a little bit, only to find the cop cruising right behind me. I make a left, and he does.

In an effort to ditch him, I turn into a little retail area. The cop completely stops and then decides to pull me over. I ask the cop what the problem is, and he replies that my tags are expired.

I showed him the 2 tickets and my 1 day pass and he let me off with a warning, luckily. My 944 is far from the best example of the car but this is the second time I've been pulled over in it without having drawn attention to myself (last time it was a dead brake light).

Anyways, the day has gone from bad to worse. The 944 is in the covered spot, and I'll be damned if I park it in a street again.

Quick Reply: They Towed my 944 (rant)