Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 12:44 PM
lug nut
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing

Driving down the road wednesday my 87 944 just quits running like it is out of gas, but i just filled it up earlier that morning. I checked the fuse to the fuel pump and it was blown. I replaced with about three others everytime I would try to start the car the fuse would blow. I got it towed home. I took the fuel pump off thinking it was bad. I checked it by running a fused wire straight off the battery. The pump works fine and did not blow the fuse. Without the pump connected to the fuel pump wires I tried starting the car and it still blows the fuse. The fuse does not blow when the key is turned to the on position but only when the key is turned to the start position and the engine is cranking. Please if any one has any ideas to what is causing this let me know? Right now i am checking for a wire grounding out. I could not find any realys labeled for the fuel pump, am I missing it? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:36 PM
lug nut
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just swapped the DME realy with a known good one and I did not fix the problem. Can anyone tell me what color the fuel pump wires are coming out of the fuse block? Also how are they routed to the back the car?

Quick Reply: Fuel pump fuse keeps blowing