Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power mirror wiring help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:27 AM
kidballistic
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power mirror wiring help.

Ok, first post for me on rennlist, lets see if it helps...

I have an 86 944 crystal green. Well, just installed an alpine head unit and a rockford fosgate amp. As I am finding with these cars nothing is straightforward and easy... Onto my problem- In the process of wiring my front speakers I cut all the leads from the door panel. Connected the speaker, it works, connected the power window wires back up, it too works from both driver side and passenger side. But the power mirror is now beyond me. I am left with 5 sets of wires. 2 are from the stock speaker set up so I don't need those, leaving me 3 wires, and after several attemts the mirror is now run out a gear and is just "hanging" in it's place. Oddly all the connections for the speakers and windows had matching colors, easy enough... But on the mirror it's random. I have from the door a brown and white wire, a white wire and a brown and yellow wire. From the previous connection I have a black and blue, a brown and white and a white and blue. So I actually three questions-

1. whats the proper wiring for the mirror?
2. how do I fix the now "dangeling" mirror?
3. where do I get a stock manual mirror if all else fails?

I would really appreciate any help, this is an awesome car it's been in the family for almost 10 years now, and when I bought it I was told that Jerry Rice was the original owner. Love the website, I have allready fixed the power sunroof with information from you guys, thanks!!!

Quick Reply: Power mirror wiring help.