Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Celsius or Fareneight

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ah, that's right and your's white too, George, that's the one you've seen, not me

Style, WASH THE CAR!!!!! and post pictures

Originally Posted by StyleLab
I've seen the 951 on Jarry, nice car. My buddy lives right off Jarry. I also have an alpine white S2 with BBS LM though I haven't washed it since I aquired it over 8 months ago... So I wouldn't exactly describe is as clean. Forza azzurri!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:55 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Porsche had a serious shortage of US spec faceplates that year. They just used the Celsius units in Alabama because they knew the locals never finished high school and wouldn't know the difference.

Damn! I have it set at 40 deg and it's hot as hell. What up wit dat?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 PM
bart1
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Porsche had a serious shortage of US spec faceplates that year. They just used the Celsius units in Alabama because they knew the locals never finished high school and wouldn't know the difference. The shortage got so bad they had to use a 'rainbow' decal instead of numbers for California.
I surprised you didn't get more comments on this.

And we got lernt good here in Alabama!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I think its not limited to Alabama. Its national.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by Legoland951
The name of the English unit for mass is a term that can also refer to a bullet....
I could tell you - but then I'd have to slug you.

As for the numbers on the temperature control - they are irrelevant. If you want it hotter, turn it more clockwise. Colder? Turn it the other way. It always seems to work well for me.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:22 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
I could tell you - but then I'd have to slug you.
GROAN
Originally Posted by Scott at Team Harco
As for the numbers on the temperature control - they are irrelevant. If you want it hotter, turn it more clockwise. Colder? Turn it the other way. It always seems to work well for me.
That's hard to believe... I never see your car around, so it can't be working that well!

(for those not in the know, Scott works around the corner from me...)
Old 06-28-2006, 02:29 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by 924RACR

That's hard to believe... I never see your car around, so it can't be working that well!

(for those not in the know, Scott works around the corner from me...)
It's out in the lot right now. I get here about 7:00 and skate out about 4:00. If you happen to be in the area at either of those times - you can increase your odds of seeing me. I haven't seen you in a while either. So how do I know your car is still working?

So are you in for 944Fest this year? I'll carry your beer for ya....
Old 06-28-2006, 03:32 PM
924RACR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 66 Posts

Ah, I'm usually dragging in a little later and leaving a little earlier...

You wouldn't recognize me if you saw me - I'm usually in a different car! Been driving the 924S a bit - it's black and shiny, for one (auto for another)

The Fest... ah, the Fest... need to figure out if that gets to stay on the schedule...

More OT, Bill W. came out for last race weekend, think he enjoyed it (though we didn't - ended up sucking wind a bit, and have some more fenders to straighten thanks to sloppy driving by those Rustangs... )
Old 06-28-2006, 04:26 PM
George Boss
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StyleLab
I've seen the 951 on Jarry, nice car. My buddy lives right off Jarry. I also have an alpine white S2 with BBS LM though I haven't washed it since I aquired it over 8 months ago... So I wouldn't exactly describe is as clean. Forza azzurri!
Thanks for the compliment. Maybe it was your car I've seen then.....

I can't believe Totti DIDN'T miss.....

And I'm a Greek restauranteur who has been "converted" to the Azzurri after all these years of being here. They should beat the Ukraine though.
Then again....I remember the Euro.................
Old 06-28-2006, 05:00 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts

Hey Derek

Isnt' there a Moe's diner as well, closer to University? I think that's where Stephanie works. She works at some semi famous (amongst drunken college students) diner. I thought it was Moe's.

Stephane There was a guy who owned the resteraunt across from the Intercontinental and Palais Des Congress who owned a 951 (his alarm key opens my door). Did you happen to know him? I think he sold his place, and I know he moved so I lost contact.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Nope, never met, I know only 2 951 owners and both of them have white 951's.

What's the deal with the alarm key You sold him your alarm lock

Originally Posted by SidViscous
Stephane There was a guy who owned the resteraunt across from the Intercontinental and Palais Des Congress who owned a 951 (his alarm key opens my door). Did you happen to know him? I think he sold his place, and I know he moved so I lost contact.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:33 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Nope.

I thought I had locked the keys in the car (In reality they were on my bed under a shirt). So me, my boss, and the maintenance guy were trying to break into my car with a coat hanger etc.

While this was happening the garage door opens (large apartment building on Ste Famille) and in rolls a white 951. WHat are the chances? So I go up and beg the guy to try his keys, saying I knew it was a longshot. Tried his alarm key and badda boom badda bing.

Was a helluva guy. Went by his place with some friends on F1 a couple of years ago, he practically poured Jack Daniels down our throat, we stumbled out there.

That was the same night Derek lost his white minivan.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Lucky bastard, same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back, I forgot my keys in my car during ground School in St-Eustache and their was 4 other 944. I went to all of them to try their keys but none worked... My wife had to drive all the way to bring me my spare key, lost a couple of points there with the wife

I was with Derek this weekend, he never mentioned the story about the white van.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:47 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

It's a touchy subject with him, he keeps hoping I'll forget (I wont).

He had picked up me and my buddies, extrememl;y drunk at 6PM, we had already sobbered up from the JD and gotten drunk again (Was one of those weekends).

Being a non-drinker at the time he wasn't enarmored with me and my loudmouthed friends getting even drunker all over montreal (We walked up and tried to get into Couq De Chevilee (sp?) and they just told us to get the hell out of there). So at some point Derek said he was taking off.

5-10 minutes later he calls me as we're stumbling down Bishop headed for Brutopia.

Derek: "I can't find the van."
Me: "It's in the parking lot off Rene Levesque."
Me to my buddies: "He can't find the van."
Derek: <groans> "I know that, but it's not where I left it. I'm walking around and I can't find it."
Me: <Belch> "It's white."

Hey I was trying to be helpful.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:00 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Sysgen
Lucky bastard, same thing happened to me a couple of weeks back, I forgot my keys in my car during ground School in St-Eustache and their was 4 other 944. I went to all of them to try their keys but none worked... My wife had to drive all the way to bring me my spare key, lost a couple of points there with the wife

I was with Derek this weekend, he never mentioned the story about the white van.
I forgot that was you! You came back soaking wet... Now I remember...

Originally Posted by SidViscous
It's a touchy subject with him, he keeps hoping I'll forget (I wont).

He had picked up me and my buddies, extrememl;y drunk at 6PM, we had already sobbered up from the JD and gotten drunk again (Was one of those weekends).

Being a non-drinker at the time he wasn't enarmored with me and my loudmouthed friends getting even drunker all over montreal (We walked up and tried to get into Couq De Chevilee (sp?) and they just told us to get the hell out of there). So at some point Derek said he was taking off.

5-10 minutes later he calls me as we're stumbling down Bishop headed for Brutopia.

Derek: "I can't find the van."
Me: "It's in the parking lot off Rene Levesque."
Me to my buddies: "He can't find the van."
Derek: <groans> "I know that, but it's not where I left it. I'm walking around and I can't find it."
Me: <Belch> "It's white."

Hey I was trying to be helpful.
Ah shoot.

You're an ****.

Quick Reply: Celsius or Fareneight