Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with ebay transaction

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 10:23 PM
ZPmadA
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with ebay transaction

I have won an auction for a pair of rims with tires installed. The auction states "These are in good condition with new tires installed." I drove 2 and a half hours to pay and pick them up. When I arrived the wheels were in poor condition. The tires were not new. The wheels were corroded and heavily chipping and the tires were in ok condition, but definitely not new. 1 pair was more worn than the other. It was obvious they were used. The seller was not there, he had his buddy open his garage and show me the rims. I did not pay for them because I felt they were very misrepresented on the auction. I called the seller while looking at the rims and told him they are far from good condition, he says "good is opinionated, i think they are in good condition for 14 yr old rims" They were filthy and very dirty. I dont think they could have been cleaned, definitely would be embarrassed to put these on my beater. (They were for my beater car lol, i just wanted new tires) Anyway, I tried to work something out with the seller and told him I'll pay him less money ($250 instead of $275) because he misrepresented the wheels. He did not accept, I hung up and left. He has filed a dispute with ebay that I haven't paid. Ebay says:

"No action is being taken against your account at this time. However, it is important to remember that when you bid on or buy an item you are agreeing to a contract between you and the seller. If the situation isn't resolved within 7 days of this reminder email, you may receive an Unpaid Item strike under eBay's Unpaid Item Policy or lose feedback privileges for this transaction

Most Unpaid Item disputes can be resolved through direct communication between the buyer and seller, and we encourage you to work with your trading partner to reach a resolution.

Thank you,
eBay "

This guy has acted like a jerk so I don't think communicating with him will work. I want to leave him negative feedback but worry he will leave me negative feedback as revenge just because I left him negative feedback. Also, what if ebay takes away my feedback privilege for this item before I get a chance to and he leaves me negative feedback. I can file a dispute that the item wasn’t as described, but ebay wont let me because it's too soon and has to be at least 10 days after the auction ended. Any help or suggestions please?
Old 06-18-2006, 10:56 PM
Mike C.
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would leave the negative feedback and let the chips fall where they may. But I wouldn't give him a dollar...
Old 06-18-2006, 11:18 PM
PORobinSCHE
Racer

also notify ebay that you spoke directly to the seller and he hung up. make sure to point out you tried to rectify the situation. and that he grossly misrepresented the product.
this happen to my wife last year. we to a hit on our feedback,but survived quite well

R
Old 06-19-2006, 12:20 AM
ZPmadA
Racer

Well, I sent ebay a link to the conversation I had with this guy on their dispute page forum thing. Ebay was quick to remove the none paying strike on my account, A++ on ebay's half. I have learned alot from this transaction, and am happy I drove to look at the wheels instead of paying an additional $100 I would have lost for shipping, maybe $200 if I shipped them back. Could have been alot worse. Just a reminder to be extra careful out there. I lost $30 in gas and a couple hours of time, but it was time spent with my pops. A little road trip I guess. I'll take this as an inexpensive lesson learned.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:39 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Just watch out for achouchou.....

Quick Reply: Problems with ebay transaction