Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C G Lock

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:54 PM
mbonner
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C G Lock

Anyone had experience of these? I went to install mine and I had lost the instructions and could not get the video on installation, no high speed internet on the farm here.
Any way I think I got it figured out, it clamps onto the plastic cover of the seat belt tongue, does it not?
I have a chrome buckle for a baby seat belt restraint on the other car, seems to work OK for a lot less money.
Mike
Old 06-18-2006, 12:24 AM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Mike,

The CG lock is a little different. There is a cam mechnism in the roller that letts you pull to tension the belt freely, yet will lock it in the other direction.

I've only had mine for a few months, but am very happy with it. It really made a big difference on the last PCA DE that I did.

To install it, just loosen the little allen screws, and position it over the end of the seat belt clip. The textured roller should be facing up against the belt that goes up over your shoulder to the b pillar mount. Clamp it down, then slide the clip over the roller. The roller will only lock when the clip is on.

With everything installed and tha clip on, buckle the belt, scrunch your butt into the seat, and pull on the shoulder belt. The CG lock will grip and hold tension in the lap belt. To release it, just flip the toggle down with your thumb as you unlatch the belt.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:45 AM
mbonner
Racer

Thanks, JPK, I did have it on right after all! Seems a nifty gadget. Last autox I did I was sliding around on my leather seats and did not do too well. I need suede seat covers!
Mike

Quick Reply: C G Lock