Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found an '89...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006 | 03:42 PM
Scuba Steve
Burning Brakes

Default Found an '89...

I stumbled across an '89 parked today that I had to stop and take a look at. According to the stickers it's been there for 3 - 5 years so I'm assuming either the timing belt or clutch went out on it. The car looks ok otherwise though, given that it's been parked a whille. Sunroof drain tubes appear to be blocked, paint is faded, and the radio faceplate is gone. Also looks like an alarm was installed at some point. The body is straight and I can find no signs of a previous accident.

I know the engine grew for that year and that's sparked my interest. Think it's worthwhile to try and track down the owner? I know the property is a rental and there's a good chance the owner no longer lives there, so maybe the land owner would be able to acquire a title and I should speak with them? How much would fair value be? I'm guessing $500 since it's condition unknown, assumed not to be running.
Old 06-17-2006 | 04:02 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

model?
Old 06-17-2006 | 04:08 PM
Scuba Steve
Burning Brakes

Sorry - it's a N/A. From the notes I have it has a 5 speed (couldn't see the option code sticker or tell if it's an LSD), leather seats (pass. side ok, drivers side small split at a seam), dash has two hairline cracks at the defrost vents, phonedials with wheel locks intact, cruise, no sway bar, fog lights with lenses intact, no rear wiper. 145,000 miles.

I'm probably heading back over this afternoon just to see if the owner even lives there anymore. It's near a local college and the house is rented out to students.

I already have a 924S that keeps me busy enough, but do have a garage spot where the car can be kept safe until I do decide to tinker with it later. If it were a regular N/A I wouldn't really bother but since it's an '89 I'm more interested.

Quick Reply: Found an '89...