Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe you guys will enjoy this ... Porsche 924>Ferrari

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006 | 01:26 AM
White Pony
Racer

Default Maybe you guys will enjoy this ... Porsche 924>Ferrari

I told this story on another forum and it wasn't appreciated very much, maybe you guys might like it...

This fall was pretty stressful. I was commuting 60 miles a day to college and sometimes I had to go back to school from home AGAIN to go to group meetings etc for my classes that the group members would up and decide to have.

Anyway, this day was one of those days. Get home, check my e-mail, and the group has decided to meet, and they needed one of the books I had. SO... I had to drive back, because the project was due soon. I was nonetheless pissed.

So, I was slapping my '87 924s around. I had no stereo at the time so I had an Ipod shuffle full of The Deftones, Otep, Killswitch Engage, etc, and I'd play it on my mostly highway commute with earbuds on. I had no insurance card to speak of, my liscence plates were registered for a different car, and I had been working at the company warehouse (a tin shack with holes in it) and killed a raccoon that was living in there with a fiberglass sledgehammer handle which I also use to hold up my hood and my hatch (bloody club with hair stuck on it anyone?). I also had a bottle of Southern Comfort in the wheel well from a party which was half gone, and I wasn't of age. To give you an idea how legal my car was at the time...

Got into the city where my college is, and was breezing past downtown traffic at about 50mph in the left lane, hitting all the stoplights on green. I got going too fast, the right lane was solid traffic, and I had to get in the right lane to get to school after the next stoplight. I slowed for the red light, clutch in, second gear ready, to leap foward and change lanes to turn off for the college.

The light turned, and I let the clutch go, and hit the turn signal. In the front of traffic waiting at a light was a red Ferrari. He saw me, let fly HIS clutch, and proceeded to quickly overtake me. Then I saw blue flashing lights behind me. I was like SH*T COPS! I was screwed! The cop most likely had clocked me from a side street and was chasing me. I braked, and moved into the right lane pulled off to the side, so did the Ferrari. The cop PULLED BEHING THE FERRARI, got out and proceeded with standard operating procedure for pulling someone over! I quickly took out my headphones, waited for traffic to clear, pulled out, and waited at the stoplight to turn RIGHT NEXT TO the Ferrari and the nice officer, trying to look inconspicuous, LOL. Then, I proceeded to win a stoplight to stoplight street race against a Ferrari , and made the left hand turn to the college. I was pumped after all that lol.

I talked to someone who knew the with the Ferrari a week later. It was like a 1998 V8 Ferrari, not like an F50... Might have been something like a 308gts (maybe?).
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:30 AM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

whats really important is, was the So Co 80 or 100 proof?
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:44 AM
Royal Tiger
Drifting

For 1998 it would have been a F355. The Maranello(F550) is hard to miss.
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:51 AM
silverBean
Burning Brakes

You lucked out that their was a nicer sports car near you at the time. The shinier it is, the faster it is. Yup.
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:51 AM
White Pony
Racer

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
whats really important is, was the So Co 80 or 100 proof?

I still haven't racked up a single traffic violation yet...

That was one time I deserved it.

Yea, that's right, it was a F355.
Old 05-28-2006 | 02:16 AM
MM951
Race Director

risky driving there....

do you have insurance ?? or proper regis? its really not worth the penalty for getting caught man been there
Old 05-28-2006 | 04:23 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

That was stupid. You're the dumbass these laws were written for, I think you should have been arrested. No insurance, registration, open alcohol, wreckless endangerment, exhibition of speed, and then MORE damn street racing AFTER the cop gives the Ferrari a ticket (if I read your story correctly). Give your keys back to your parents.
Old 05-28-2006 | 10:03 AM
bloodraven
Race Car

Originally Posted by shmucklebuckle
That was stupid. You're the dumbass these laws were written for, I think you should have been arrested. No insurance, registration, open alcohol, wreckless endangerment, exhibition of speed, and then MORE damn street racing AFTER the cop gives the Ferrari a ticket (if I read your story correctly). Give your keys back to your parents.
*applauds*

Exactly my thoughts
Old 05-28-2006 | 10:11 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

PHP Code:
That was stupidYou're the dumbass these laws were written for, I think you should have been arrested. No insurance, registration, open alcohol, wreckless endangerment, exhibition of speed, and then MORE damn street racing AFTER the cop gives the Ferrari a ticket (if I read your story correctly). Give your keys back to your parents. 
Nicely done Trevor!

+1
Old 05-28-2006 | 10:35 AM
BlueDog944
Pro

Congratulations.. you beat a Fiat. You're the big man now. (V8 Ferrari is a 308, made by Fiat. One of the biggest piles of crap according to a good friend that is a Ferrari/Labo tech.)

And I second the posts above me. What a complete dumbass. Were you actually surprised that the story wasn't appreciated on another forum? Please, go post this to you MySpace page, AOL Teen Chat room, or some other place like that. I've been on many car forums and not once has drinking and driving or street racing EVER been applauded.
Old 05-28-2006 | 10:53 AM
namespace
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

+3 , just plain stoopid, maybe you should have clubbed yourself instead?
Old 05-28-2006 | 12:01 PM
White Pony
Racer

Well, I had just got the car... It was the only thing I had to drive. Things were not worked out with all the legal stuff yet. I had insurance at the time (no card though) and the plates were screwed up at the DMV because the PO did not sign the title in the right place. So I had made an attempt to make it legal. Two days later the car was legal. I NEVER drink and drive either- the SoCO was in the cubby and I had forgotten it there.

And basically it wasn't street racing- I did not know the Ferrari was there until I tried to go through the green light. The actual "street race" was me going through a green light and pulling in front of slow traffic and a Ferrari owner that didn't want me to . Probably never exceeded 30 mph after I slowed for the red light.

Might have been stupid, but I guess the moral is how VERY lucky that incident turned out to be. I am on the whole a safe driver, my car is legal now, and I can just laugh at the rather crazy time it was...Thought you guys might think it was funny too but it's fun calling me stupid too I guess... Cause at the time i needed it LOL.
Old 05-28-2006 | 12:19 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by White Pony
I am on the whole a safe driver
85% of the driving population believes tht they are safer than average.

In fundamentally simple terms, at LEAST 35% of the driving population MUST be wrong. That means that at least 41% of the people who think they are safer than average are wrong. (35/85 = 41/100).

With that statistic in mind, I treat anyone's opinion of their safe driving capabilities with a measure of cautious disdain.

You drove like a jackass, you were illegal on several areas. You're so lucky you don't even know it. You're so observant that you don't know where the cop even came from.

If I ever did anything like that I'd be so ashamed that I'd NEVER admit to it.

For your sake, I hope you figure it out, but don't go looking for praise from anyone worth respecting.

Keith
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:43 PM
ckathens
Drifting

Nice! Most retarded post i've seen in months. You get the special "i'm a danger to society" award for the day.
Old 05-28-2006 | 01:59 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

When (not if, but when) you have to sell/part the car to post bail or pay a fine, may I buy it for parts?

Last edited by yellowline; 05-28-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Maybe you guys will enjoy this ... Porsche 924>Ferrari