Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch sticking when cold after new rear brake pads were installed

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
chilix
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch sticking when cold after new rear brake pads were installed

I changed out my rear brake pads the other day when I changed my rear dampers because both needed to be changed. Well when I took my car for a test drive, everything was fine. The next morning when I backed my car out to go to work, it felt like my clutch was sticking at the release point when some gas was applied...i feel nothing when my car is in nutral and i depress and release the clutch...as soon as I drive down the road for about 5 minutes, the sticking at the release point goes away and all if fine again. This happens about everytime I drive the car after it has been sitting for a few hours whether it be in the sun or not.

The sticking only feels like it is happening at a complete stop only, shifting in all other gears is fine and smooth...

I bleed the clutch real well and carefully and nothing changed in the feel of the clutch.

Could this just be a freak occurance that it happened when new rear pads were installed? what else can I do to solve this problem...I have a new clutch and all the fixings along with it...new slave and master too...like I said, this problem goes away after the car has warmed up a few minutes driving

tranny fluid maybe?

Quick Reply: clutch sticking when cold after new rear brake pads were installed