Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt Drive Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Red_Envy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok...Guinea Pig here. I just purchased the BLT from Thomas Knight Turbos. I will let you know how it works out and document everything. I have a tuner shop willing to do the work...I'll take many pictures!
I was thinking LS1 kit but went with the simpler way...(hopefully).

Wish me luck!
Old 09-04-2006, 08:00 PM
The DareDevil
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Neat! Can't wait to see the results.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
UncleMaz
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Slightly off topic, but I bought a set of 930 BBS rims from HAUSBRAUEN. These folks and it took 3 mos. to get them with no return emails or calls. I had given up. One day, they just showed up. FWIW, they are fabulous and as advertised.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:28 AM
badmofofosho
I Bad
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Red_Envy
Ok...Guinea Pig here. I just purchased the BLT from Thomas Knight Turbos. I will let you know how it works out and document everything. I have a tuner shop willing to do the work...I'll take many pictures!
I was thinking LS1 kit but went with the simpler way...(hopefully).

Wish me luck!
Any update here?

If you end up successfully obtaining a BDT from Thomas Knight I bet this guy shikzachaser would be interested in knowing it. He also has a huge thread over on Pelican about the whole fiasco that has gotten so much action he had to ban talk of the supercharger.

So Red-Envy please tell us that TKT is not in on this and that you got your BDT as promised?

Last edited by badmofofosho; 10-20-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:28 AM
Red_Envy
Instructor

UPDATE: I did receive without incident the Supercharger from Thomas Knight. The transaction went very smoothly and Geoff Knight was very helpful and informative. I have been collecting other parts, intercooler, Greddy, etc and waiting for the last thing to arrive before I take to my installer. I will start a new thread when I begin. The only problem thus far is timing....I am running out of good weather here. If parts don't get here soon, I may have to wait until after winter to install. This guy in Miami is killing me, taking for ever to ship a blow off valve and adapter. One other note, Dave Lindsey at Lindsey Racing was amazing and helped me pick a few items for the project. Great racing fuel pressure regulator and I also got the AC Delete kit from him. I may upgrade to his fuel rail system in the future. Jut to give you a glimpse....I am intending to use the exisiting AFM system first. Planning with only 6 psi, I should be ok, but if I find it is bottle necking, I already went with a Ford Racing MAF Kit that I have on standby. I would have to buy a Mafterburner to get it to work with my car but hopefully won't need to go that route as it will only increase the price of the project. Within in the next two weeks....hopefully! I'll need your guys help so stay tunes!...Thanks!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:48 PM
Imo000
Captain Obvious
Super User

Received 338 Likes on 244 Posts

Don't waith for the BOV. You can start fabrication withouht it then add it after all the plumbing is done.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Red_Envy
Instructor

Update: So I am still waiting for this ding dong to send me my BOV. So I am away for winter but I have started the work. I am going to try to get as much done myself and when I get stumped....I will send it over to the tuner shop for completion, tunning and dyno.

This past weekend, I removed everything...airbox, alternator, etc. Almost finished with the removal of the air conditioning system. Just a few pipes along the firewall I have to remove. Then I will doing some house cleaning before I start trying to assemble and build. Still haven't figured out some small things, like how to put on the AFR and where in the heck do I tap in the boost and fuel pressure gauges...newbie admittly but I wanna see how far I can go....
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
944J
Banned

Update: So I am still waiting for this ding dong to send me my BOV. So I am away for winter but I have started the work. I am going to try to get as much done myself and when I get stumped....I will send it over to the tuner shop for completion, tunning and dyno.

This past weekend, I removed everything...airbox, alternator, etc. Almost finished with the removal of the air conditioning system. Just a few pipes along the firewall I have to remove. Then I will doing some house cleaning before I start trying to assemble and build. Still haven't figured out some small things, like how to put on the AFR and where in the heck do I tap in the boost and fuel pressure gauges...newbie admittly but I wanna see how far I can go....
so you are putting in that belt drive turbo on your NA?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:07 PM
944J
Banned

how is it going?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Lumbergs Lackey....MmmmKay
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 19 Posts

Updates. Also why are you removing the AC, you don't have to.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:42 AM
Red_Envy
Instructor

I went with the AC out for a couple of reasons. Firstly, and most important....my compressor had a bad clutch and the system had a leak somewhere. It never worked when I purchased the car.

Also, I am going with a 4' intake ...need the room. The September issue of Excellence was my confirmation... shedded 26 pounds, and kept the low center of gravity. But you are right, if you don't mind cramming and need the cold air, you could keep the AC with this set up.

I hope to have the AC, delte kit and supercharger mounted this weekend. I'll post a pic or two if I get the time. In the hockey rink with the kids for a lot of the weekend annd next weekend I am in Florida.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Red_Envy
Instructor

Guinea Pigs always find out things the hard way. Seeing as my AC was a pain and not working, deleting it has slowed me down. First off, took a while to cut out all the piping along the firewall. But I got a new cutting tool outta the deal.

But now I am stalled. The AC Delete Bracket is too think and won't allow the SC to bolt up. I tried various ways but nutta... So Guinea Pig has learned, keeping the AC will alow for easier bolt up.

Now that my AC is history I could bolt it back up the old way without connecting the compressor but no thanks...hate wasted weight. I am going to get another thinner bracket. I think the one from Lindsey Racing is less than 1 inch think so hopefully I can get my hands on one of them rather quickly. For now...guess I'll take a week or two off while I wait for it to arrive...damn...
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2007, 07:46 PM
Red_Envy
Instructor

Ok, I owe it to the gang to provide some feedback...so here it is;

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2217079

See my page 6.. in the process of moving so I won't be able to answer to many emails but I will keep my web page updated as best I can for the next few weeks....

Quick Reply: Belt Drive Turbo