Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Outstanding Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006 | 11:11 PM
dmn23
Racer

Default Outstanding Customer Service

On the rare occasions when something actually goes right, you feel compelled to tell others about it. When it comes to repair work, that holds doubly true. So here's my story:

When I bought my S2 a month ago, I had the PPI done at Bill Mitchell's Eurasian Auto Service in Birmingham. As fate would have it, they were also the same shop who did a top end rebuild on the car back in November when the previous owner blew the head gasket. Two items of concern were found during the inspection: A leaking steering rack, and a small oil leak. One of Bill's employee's is a guy named Mike, and he stepped up and said that he was the one who did the work on the car six months earlier. Without any prompting or coercion on my part, he said that he felt like the problem was "on him" and that he felt like the shop's reputation was on line. If I could bring the car down from Nashville to Birmingham, they'd take care of it.

Well, today I just got back from Birmingham. Mike stripped everything down to fix a leak at the crank seal. When I showed up to pick up the car, Bill handed me the keys and wished me a safe trip back -- I wasn't charged a penny.

I don't know if this is unusual in Porsche circles, but it damned sure doesn't happen with normal cars. Bill, Mike, and the rest of crew at Eurasian Auto have earned my awe and respect. If you're in the South and you need work done, I can't recommend them highly enough.
Old 05-19-2006 | 11:18 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sounds like a "Class Act"!!! Artisans a few and far these days!!!

Well done, Birmingham Guys!!!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 05-19-2006 | 11:47 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

I wished their were shops like that around here. It's bad when the only shop in the area is on Lindsey Racing's fecal roster.
Old 05-20-2006 | 01:38 AM
shmucklebuckle
Three Wheelin'

bump... because I'm such a great guy.

Quick Reply: Outstanding Customer Service