Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunroof gasket/leak questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 08:18 PM
White Pony
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof gasket/leak questions

Hello once again.

My '87 924 leaks water considerably through the sunroof. The gasket that stays down on the lip of the sheetmetal (and where the headliner is tucked into) no longer is attached, the headliner is bad (mostly torn out too), as well as the two rear speaker/trim panels are bad. Water literally pours through the passenger side rear corner when it rains.

I bought new speaker trim panels ($51). I was quoted by an automotive upholstery shop $400 to repar this damage, and install the new rear speaker panels, a headliner, and buckle it all back up.

I'm not really sure my car is worth this effort... As you might have read in the past I have ALOT of work to do. It also leaks in the door glass seals and the back hatch as well when the rain really gets going.

Does anyone have any alternate suggestions than going to the upholstery shop? Has anyone run their car with a totally stripped down interior? Help me stay with the Porche marque here!

Quick Reply: Sunroof gasket/leak questions