Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A query to sit on...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 08:15 PM
MattyRoose
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A query to sit on...

Hey all,

I am looking to fit a 83' 944 with seats. The current ones are showing thier age (rips, and general oldness). The car sees a bit of daily/recreational duty during the warm months. It also sees around 10 HPDE events a year, and will likely see some time trials in the future. AKA comfort is still an issue.

My dilemma - The car has a tan/brown interior and I really want to keep it that way. I want a seat that matches (not identical but close) to the original chocolate brown scheme.

I was looking at replacement or refurbished seats (even good used ones) but would rather spend some money on something a little more 'sporty'. I can't seem to find ANY manfacturer that makes ANYTHING in that color (IE Courbeau (SP??), Cobra) . I could always get seats re-wraped or something I guess.

I have tried searching but really came up empty. (even here) I feel like I am the only one with dark brown seats that DOESN'T want black seats in the car. I would also not like to break the bank. (I KNOW, I KNOW)

I look forward to your suggestions and thanks for your time!
Old 05-13-2006, 08:46 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Unless you can find sports seats in that color, you will have to recover anything aftermarket since brown isn't a popular color.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:15 PM
MattyRoose
Track Day

i figured that was probably going to be the only option...was hoping someone had some sort of creative epifany that i missed.

Quick Reply: A query to sit on...