Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cd player install

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:39 AM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cd player install

wow what a friggen joke, i just got done. been at it since 10:15 pm and just got the power on like 10 mins ago. for some reason the constant wont work with the factory harness, so i ran it with the power.....checked the ground all my wiring and that ****, just to have it be the constant. i know for sure that i am not putting any system in there(myself). also my front speakers are blown, but they are factory so i was prepared for that eventuallity. i gotta measure the deapth of the factory fronts, i heard that some brands are way to thick to fit and i dont feel like modifying my door panels, so if anyone knows anything bout this drop me a line, ill post some pics tommarow or whenever. where do i get the plugs for the fader **** thing, i dont have any wires for the rear speakers and am not gonna install any so im just gonna pull the ****. now i just gotta tackle the shif boot, and ****. whats with the square shaft?? how do u put on a new ****?? looks like a tiger was using my **** for a chew toy.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:02 PM
smoemt
Advanced

I installed 4x6 pioneers that fit nicely... and I had the same problem with my wiring... so I hear ya on that.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:03 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

Location: Somewhere in WI in my garage, or circum-navigating the globe in a wooden boat.

no idea how to cover the cutouts for the switch though huh, i went lookin but didnt turn up anything
Old 05-11-2006, 12:17 PM
White Pony
Racer

Yah, my player took me less than 15 minutes...

Put a BIG annoying looking ricerfied switch in there and when ppl ask what it is tell them "that's the switch that magically turns my car into a 911."
Old 05-11-2006, 02:02 PM
lleroyb
Burning Brakes

I called Pelican for the blank and they said they don't stock them but a dealer would have them. Then he offered to get them for me at the dealter. $1.85 ea. If I recall correctly, the fader location is a different size but you should confirm that.

My car has the alarm LED in that location. I was just thinking you could mount a Radio Shack LED there with a flasher so that it blinked all the time. It would look like you had an active alarm.

Lou
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM
SwiftyZenBadd
Drama Queen
Rennlist Member

naw my car is in a locked garage, and i dont leave it outside anywhere for very long, i tend to not even drive it out of town. when i got the car i went to laCrosse and some dumb beyotch ramed her car door into my rear quarter. it was the first time i actually was ok with the idea of hitting a woman.

Quick Reply: cd player install