Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best street brake pads for S2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Porterfileds here too.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:27 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there a good lower-dust pad that is good for general spirited street/highway driving, that's also easy on the rotors? I have brand new Porsche OE rotors sitting in their boxes in my garage, waiting for me to install them. I planned on using my current pads (Metal Master) since they have only 7k on them. But if the Metal Masters are going to wear out my rotors faster--I'd like a reasonable alternative!
Old 04-20-2006, 10:35 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whats wrong with OEM ?
Old 04-20-2006, 10:43 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by adrian_jaye
whats wrong with OEM ?
$$$ !
Old 04-20-2006, 10:51 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyK
I planned on using my current pads (Metal Master) since they have only 7k on them. But if the Metal Masters are going to wear out my rotors faster--I'd like a reasonable alternative!
I'm on my second set of MM in 5 years and 30k. Rotors are still fine.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:33 AM
apen749
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Pagid S (black). They brake well but they squeak at normal braking so they're always squeaking. Only on a hard brake is queit time. They're dusty too. I don't recommend them.

Sincerely, Lee
Old 04-20-2006, 12:09 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Lue
Nick, I don't doubt that you know the product specifications but I have had my car for a while and I have tried both the PBR Metal masters and the Pagids and I have found the opposite to be true. The metal masters did bite into the front rotors but I found the metal masters for almost half the price of the Pagids and from my view they performed better over all for me with less brake dust.

I am once again in need of brake pads and rotors, I have not made up my mind as of yet but I am leaning toward a set of metal masters but with the regular rotors instead of the cross drilled ones.

I say go with what ever floats your boat, man.

Peace

then where you are looking are trying to sell too high, the standard replacement pagid pads are really cheap...should be about the same or less than metal masters. bear in mind that there is also a pad called metal masters by a lot of people , but they are in fact pbr deluxe ...and they are not the same, the deluxe is a nice pad...but it is still way out dated in terms of construction and materials, the price in canada is something i couldn't say..but here having sold lots...i buy the pagids or the mintex(which btw are the most modern compound...and ususally the cheapest in retailers). the thing that is cool about standard pagid is that they use compounds that are developoed for different applications...say a mercedes compound on a porsche and interchange them to get a better pad based on the type of car ...i use the pagid on my VW golf and have gotten well over 100k on the rotors and they are still great...wore pads afew times. the MM will consume the rotors at an alarming rate when you see what newer stuff does...but if you have the $ to buy new rotors every time you need pads(or even every other time) god bless you...i don't like 500 brake jobs when i can pay 35 for pads and stop better and have longer part life(oh...and they don't squeal)

Quick Reply: Best street brake pads for S2?