Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy jack stands with flat top?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006 | 06:33 PM
callmethewanderer
Instructor

those blocks look real scary man!!! i am sure that if you push sideways on the back of that car they would tumble quite easily, it's just physics man!
Old 04-14-2006 | 09:27 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just LOVE showing pics like this to you guys! Most all of ya PANIC when ya see it. .........

"Scary"........."physics"?

Obviously...........none of ya have ever seen or done this. If you had this experience I've had.........you'd laugh your *** off also.

Mind ya, ya still HAVE to use some common sense here also. This setup is NOT always the best way to go depending on what/where/ and HOW you store and handle these blocks.

"i am sure that if you push sideways on the back of that car they would tumble quite easily, it's just physics man!"

Hehe! In order for you to push this car over this way, and make the blocks tumble.........you'd have died long before that, using jackstands.

SOOO......I'll be happy to make this challenge (at least to those local enough to come do it, or anyone crazy enough to drive very far to see it).

On a weekend coming up, I challenge anyone who wants to, to come over here, bring your jackstands and whatever, I'll put my '83 car up on these blocks 3 high in each corner, plus two 2 by stock in approx. 20 minutes or less, and show you, that it is MORE STABLE, and safe, then your setup right next to me in my garage, and with your "jackstands at a lower height. Any takers?

If you don't know the difference between building blocks vs "cinder blocks", YEAH.......your gonna get killed. If you've never done this, HOW would you know? Maybe thats WHY, so many people are SCARED to death, to remove an engine out the bottom of their car............ya think? I've done at least 5 removals, and 2 installs. I don't have an issue with it at all. I'm not trying to be nasty at all here.............I'm STILL laughing my BUTT off, about it. Prove me wrong. DARE YA. HERE, side by side. I'm 51 years old. Maybe I have a "death wish" anyway! Sounds like fun, to me. I might learn something along the way here too!

Quick Reply: Where to buy jack stands with flat top?