Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alarm System

Ok, I`ve been trying to figure out how the built in alarm system works and I can`t figure it out. I have a '90 S2 and no user manual.

Also when I lock the driver side door using the key it only locks that door. If I lock the passenger side with the key, both doors lock! Anyone can point me in the right direction for how to fix this and could someone PM me a user manuel or instructions on how the alarm system works.

I did a search trough old discussions but found nothing.

Thanks
Stephane
Old 04-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Izzy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your microswitch on the drivers side door lock might be broken and in need of replacing. Its a tiny switch on the rear of the lock cylinder, tripped when the key turns in the lock. Or there is a fault in the wire to the central locking module. When you turn the key in the passenger side and the locks both lock/unlock, thats how things should happen when the microswitch IS working.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:40 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Ok, thanks Izzy, I'll take a look at that switch, in the mean time I checked in the technical manuals and found that they have a testing procedure for this stuff. I'll try to do that tomorrow.

One thing I do not understand in this document is this table?? I dont quite understand it.. Actuly I dont get it at all Anyone?
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Izzy
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its just a diagram of the locking features. Watch this:

On the top row, with the ignition off on the car, and on the left row using the central locking button, the end result of hitting that button will be locking the car. Its basically a list of the different funtions related to locking in different scenarios.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Still not sure I understand, if we take the last line in this table it goes like this

Scenario 1
If I press the Central Locking Button, with the ignition off, it says Lock, but then on the second line their is "no function"?

Scenario 2
If I press the Central Locking Button, with the ignition on, first line says unlock, second line says Lock each with display?? What's that!

Also, in what scenario would I trigger the alarm system, I keep trying and I cannot. If I lock all doors, stay in the car and open a door or start the car, with the light on the Door locking **** flashing, indicating the system is armed, nothing happens, the alarm doesn't go off and the car starts!

Quick Reply: Alarm System