Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

still need help w/lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 07:32 PM
scshamus
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still need help w/lights

HI everyone I've posted this question before and have had a couple of guys trying to help.I have an 84 944 5-speed that I bouoght that was not running and and had no turn signals brake,running,sidemarker,or reverse lights.I got it running and do have headlights and front runnig lights.I have replaced all the fuses and relays checked all the switches,took out and cleaded the fuse box and every gruond I can find.I do have a plug that has nine wires going into it from two harrness' one is in a balck sleave and has i think six wires and the other is wraped in that white tape that is everywhere under the dash.which is out of the car right now.the plug looks just like the plug that the flasher switch plugs into and 3 of the wires are hot.it is located on the right side of the dash on the drivers side,a fuel pump relay fits into due to the plug having different size female receptors.I would take a pic but do not have a camara and an not a computer guy I dont even have one at home.I'm thinking this missiing relay is my problem since I have tryed everything else and still o lights. tx shamus.you can also email me a shamusr@cascadiabhc.org,my web use is limited at work.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:13 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

need a spare 84 ? see my sig!
Old 03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Everything you've listed, + the horn and the DME get power from the same contact of the ignition switch. You say the car runs, so I'm going to assume the igition switch is OK.

That leaves the hazard switch/relay and the headlight switch. I'd put my money on the hazard switch. You need to sort that out. (if the switch is missing - there's your problem) Relay 11 on the main fuse board is the hazard relay.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:47 PM
scshamus
AutoX

the guy before me really screwed with the wiring and cut into it so i think my best bet is to replace the whole harness ,so if ant one has an 84 944 s-speed harness for sale please let me know .i cant afford what porsche wants for it. thanks shamus

Quick Reply: still need help w/lights