Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

951 for sale at Milwaukee Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Swagger93
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 951 for sale at Milwaukee Dealership

I went up to Ernie Von Schledorn near the north side of MIlwaukee to check out a 951 I saw on cars.com. I performed my usual routine of calling ahead, looking, acting, and speaking professionally, and made it look like I knew what the hell I was doing. Before I knew it I was talking to a sales guy in his late 50's about how he put some large V8 or another in some car when he was in his younger years. In any case, I was able to get a test drive despite the fact the car was jammed inside of a showroom and it wasn't the nicest day (and I'm 20 years old, in college and can scarcely afford parts for my current cars).

First, here is the link: http://www.cars.com/go/search/fs_sea...l&aff=national

+Here is what I saw:
-1988 951 Non-S that has lived in New Mexico all its life
-Extensive documentation that proves regular work (cam belts) and the fact that it has been in New Mexico
-Phone Dials and center caps in good shape
-Good rear tires (i think potenzas) and front tires in need of replacement
-Dash mat over badly cracked dash
-Stitching in drivers seat tearing but rest of interior clean, all electronics functional
-all lighting functional
-uneven sunroof when raised
-exhaust leak from a manifold gasket, the headers are the flex type and look almost new
-clean engine bay
-clean carpets
-few rock chips, but otherwise clean paint
-batwing and first underpan still intact
-service records indicate shock replacement but are real ambiguous as to what that means

I took it for a drive mainly to compare it to my 951, as I've never had something to compare it with stock for stock. This car was substantially quicker than mine (though I know things are amiss in mine), and if it isnt making stock power it is damn near; pulls like a banshee on the freeway.

The car needs a balance, there is some shaking at 80+ mph, but the brakes feel solid. The car basically is a well-kept southern car that has had all essential maintainance completed. Last belt change at 109k, retension at 110,000. Of course they want too much money, but I figured I'd put it out there for rennlist members since I got to do a thorough inspection and test-drive.

This guy Doug Weare (I got his card) dealt with me, super dude. If you ask for him he seems friendly towards car enthusiasts.

I'm not affiliated with this dealership.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:45 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually i hate to say it but for an 88 951 with that milage thats about market value for that car(Well in the PacNW anyway) anyways clean car wish I could afford another one....but with me moving out east in a couple of months I really shouldn't maybe come summer.

Brandon

Quick Reply: 951 for sale at Milwaukee Dealership