Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CarDomain Web Site

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts
Default CarDomain Web Site

Hey, Cardomain let me build my own website(fully-hosted), for Zero Dollars. Below is an excerpt of the content:

"I do not always drive this car fast. However, every now and then, I will not decline a challenge to play a little high-speed cat-and-mouse. Here is a sampling of cars I have recently out-gunned:

-Acura. Smoked. Even the wonderful NSX.
-Audi. My car may have Audi parts- but the only car that can keep up with me is the razor-sharp RS4 Quattro.
-BMW. Not even the M3 can outgun the 951. The M5 is another story, though. Therefore, I get treated to "lunch" every now and then...
-Corvette. All except, highly-customized Callaway, Lingenfelter, factory Z06 and C5 versions.
-Camaro. This overweight Chevy thinks it is a Corvette. If the cops drive a Camaro- I will pull over without hesitation, though.
-Mustang. Even Cobra-powered cars have little chance. The only one I respect are the Highway Patrol Police Interceptors. They have no speed-limiters, and are all tuned by Jack Rousch Engineering.
-Honda. I dont know why so many Honda "riders" think their glass-packed, decal-infested Rice burners can humble the mighty 951. I just shamed a 2005 Prelude Si,(with sewage pipe exhaust) last night! The S2000 stays right alongside.....that is, until I downshift!
-Mitsubishi. The WRC Champion Lancer EVOII can keep up with me- but when I hit the "boost-afterburner" dial- he is gone....way behind me! The 1991-1999 3000GT/VR4 is just another dot on my rear view.
-Lexus. Altezza/IS300 cars rarely challenge me. It may also have to do with respect.
-Nissan. I have closely beat two 350Z's. The 300ZX Twin-Turbo has too much weight and lag, to pull past me. Silvia/Skyline drivers should realize their car it still a 240SX.
-Mazda. A heavily modified RX-7 Twin-Turbo can smoke me on the launch, but if there is enough road left- I will reach the end of it first.
-Ferrari. Honestly, the ONLY Ferraris I have outgunned are the Testarossa, and 308GTB. Having eight more cylinders than I do is makes me feel like that skinny wimp losing his woman to a musclebound beefcake, on the beach!
-Mercedes-Benz. I repeat, I cannot outgun their latest V8 cars. Everything else is trivial....maybe except their wonderful, Porsche-tuned 500E sedan.
-Subaru. I have placed WRX Outback Wagons where they belong...out back. The WRX STi is a car I can respect. I have yet to beat the deep-chested, ultra-light STi cars. They should thank Porsche for helping them develop their flat-four boxer engine, though.
-Toyota. All, except the late Supra TTs. Come on- we're talking about 400-1000bhp(Supra) vs. my stock 220bhp. When I finally decide to modify my car, then maybe the story will be different.

"The Porsche 944 Turbo. Nothing even comes CLOSE..." "

Its truly amazing a stock Porsche from yesteryears past, remains faster than 90% of production of road cars sold today! My CarDomain site is located at:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/628708

-Zach
"Dedicated to the car that saved the Marque"

Last edited by Dilberto; 03-27-2006 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-27-2006, 09:58 PM
formerGMguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car look great, but I'd lose the whole portion you just posted. No offense but it makes you sound like a 17 year old ricer.

And you may want to fix the 271 hp claim, 217 is more like it.

That engine looks fantastic!!! How much did the rebuild run you in parts?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:06 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

$68,000 sticker in 1986?
Old 03-27-2006, 10:31 PM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

It was entirely my intention, to appear a Testosterone-engorged youngster. Do you really think Rennlist-type individuals frequent CarDomain? Parts cost can run anywhere from $350 to $900 depending on level of quality an engine "customer" can afford. I need to correct the HP mis-claim, though. My type fingers get over-flickety, when doing 45wpm!

Sam: Glad YOU got a good laugh, from that one! Where I hail from- dealers mark-up cars outrageously, just because they can get away with it. The majority of residents living in my childhood area- are mostly affluent buyers. Where do I hail from? Palm Springs- a Vegas-like Resort town with more swimming pools(3000), Golf Courses(105), and Multi-millionaires per-capita than anywhere else in the US! Of course I KNOW the 951 actually listed for $49,000, in 1986 dollars....

-Zach
"Dedicated to the car that saved the Marque"

Last edited by Dilberto; 03-27-2006 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Text

Quick Reply: CarDomain Web Site