Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

Check the other thread...sorry about it
Old 03-27-2006, 12:52 PM
yellowline
Under the Radar
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you do?

A stroke of financial luck should be giving me about $500 in the near future. Of course, I have nothing better to do than to put this into the car. The car runs well mechanically, but I haven't done much for the car cosmetically. I can't really decide, too many good options and arguments for all these upgrades. What would you do? Please vote...

-As far as a car description, the mirrors are chipped and faded. They're the worst looking part of the car outside. 968 mirrors would fix this nicely.

-My seats are the three-tone cloth, and the driver's bolsters are wearing to the point where the foam is beginning to rip. I'd save for late sport/993 seats and put something good here.

-Exhaust...what kind? I don't want it to be boomy like so many 4-bangers are.

-Wheels- I have 15" CCs. Not eye-catching, but they don't detract from the car either. I also just got new tires all around since I got the car, so it would be a loss for me to get 17" wheels.

-Save it for a rainy day/other?

I heard track day in one of my other threads - but my car isn't really set up for the track. I was thinking of moving in the direction of a mini-928, without addding a lot of weight. Sorry about the other posts-I was figuring out the poll option, didn't realize it posted it before the poll.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

exhaust
Old 03-27-2006, 12:57 PM
M758
Race Director

$500 = 4 or 5 track days
Old 03-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Personally i would just hold onto it..keep it for an emergency fund (AKA need clutch or new head), or keep it, let more money accumulate and open your options up to buying something more expensive . Im a hyprocrite, i do not have much of a 'emergency' fund. If anything that fund should be named "****, i need a clutch" fund..hopefully i can start buiding it up in a month or so..of course after i buy new tires.

If you do happen to do the exhaust..i reccomend just getting a custom catback done with a Borla XR-1 muffler..should be the sound you are looking for.

Sport seats..you will need alot more money than $500 for a set, unless you happen to get lucky like i did last year.

Wheels...why not just clean up the set you have? I think cookie cutters are very nice wheels when cleaned up, black with a polished lip or the cookie cutters completley polished look great i think.

Something else to throw out..how about a FRWilk chip if you dont already have one? He has been MIA for a while but is known to do that, i think someone was selling a few chips for early model cars either here or on the Pelican Forums.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:23 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Techno Duck
Personally i would just hold onto it..keep it for an emergency fund (AKA need clutch or new head), or keep it, let more money accumulate and open your options up to buying something more expensive .

that's a very good one.

emergency funds rule.

Quick Reply: What would you do?