Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally it's in my driveway (With Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:27 AM
bjzorn
Canadian Yankee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say sometimes people won't change the sensors when they do a brake job. Here s the Part number for the sensors 944-612-365-01.

Brandon
Old 03-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Sysgen
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Brandon, I need to find a local shop for all these parts, having them shipped across border does not work. we get killed by the brokerage fees.

Hey, Daredevil, I'm in Ahuntsic, send me a PM if you plan on coming and I'll give you my address.

Thanks all for the nice complements
Old 03-27-2006, 10:43 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

Nice car. I don't see the cat though...

Click for larger.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:57 AM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All of those switches are available from Pellican, Vertex, etc. Not too expensive either. Getting the front panel off the A/C control unit is a PITA--better order a new front face for the unit, because you WILL break yours trying to pry it off! Trust me!

Enjoy the car--Alpine White rules!!

PS--Your "S2" emblem isn't in the correct place--should be off to the right, extending past the "944" emblem:

Old 03-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Wow testarossa, that's amazing! Thanks, the dumb cat is gone and the second image is already on my desktop background

I know the witches are available but they ask between $40 and I've even seen $70 per switch !!!!

What is included in the front face unit like you said, does it replaces all buttons and dials for the AC unit?

I know about my S2 being in the wrong place. For a while I though I had somekind of special version because everyone else was different but then the PO told me that he did that after some repair to the back end of the car and he screwed up putting it back. Hey, I love it and it's unique.
Old 03-27-2006, 12:46 PM
AZS2
Racer

Congrats on the new car! In the spirit of Alpine White S2's, here is mine. I have, burgandy interior. What I find interesting about your is the way the rear 944S2 logo is oriented. Mine has the S on the same line as the 944, with the 2 subscripted. Like the AndyK's S2 rear.

Old 03-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

You see, it's unique, I think I'll keep it that way
It has people talking about it

Read my previous post for the explanation
Old 03-27-2006, 01:51 PM
AZS2
Racer

Originally Posted by Sysgen
You see, it's unique, I think I'll keep it that way
It has people talking about it

Read my previous post for the explanation
Whoops should have read the whole thread....
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,160 Likes on 831 Posts

Looks like a nice car but has not been well maintained... have the timing belt and chain tensioner changed or checked ASAP ..ask me how I know ... ( 5,000 dollars later )

ice
Old 03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Like mentioned in my first post, I'm missing the Sunroof Relay. According to Clarks Garage, the relay is supposed to be in location G18 but their's nothing their and if I press the sunroof button UP, I can hear the motor spin. If I press down, I hear nothing.

So here's the question, why is the motor spining even though the relay is not their. Could I be looking at the wrong relay. In another document I did see one time that the Relay was mentioned to be at G21

And why is it so damn expensive, it's a relay for gods sakes!!!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

Ice,
It has been maintained pretty good. I have a long list of things that have been done on it in the last year and it's pretty exaustive, although the timing belt has not been replaced, it has been checked and looked like new. I know the mechanic that worked on it.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Has the cam chain tensioner been serviced? This is the little chain under the cam cover which connects the two camshafts together. After time the chain can stretch, and the little brown plastic pads which tension this chain wear away and break apart (NOT GOOD!). If you have time, take off your cam cover and see if the brown plastic pads are OK.

Your car is nice. The white and blue combination is tres chic! Congratulations!
Old 03-27-2006, 02:39 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sysgen
Wow testarossa, that's amazing! Thanks, the dumb cat is gone and the second image is already on my desktop background

I know the witches are available but they ask between $40 and I've even seen $70 per switch !!!!

What is included in the front face unit like you said, does it replaces all buttons and dials for the AC unit?
When I said the front of the face, I meant the black dashboard part that goes over the unit. That is a thin old brittle piece that always breaks. You have to remove that piece to get to the switches on the HVAC unit itself.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Sysgen
Drifting

I've asked the mechanic and yes, it has been replaced, I've seen in another tread what happens when it breaks, it's not pretty.

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Has the cam chain tensioner been serviced? This is the little chain under the cam cover which connects the two camshafts together. After time the chain can stretch, and the little brown plastic pads which tension this chain wear away and break apart (NOT GOOD!). If you have time, take off your cam cover and see if the brown plastic pads are OK.

Your car is nice. The white and blue combination is tres chic! Congratulations!
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
AZS2
Racer

You know, my T belt failed. I'm gonna get away for under $1200, fixing it but thats doing all the work myself except the head stuff. And, I am using second hand valves to replace the bent ones. If you don't know that the timing belts been done, be like Nike and "Just Do It". I didn't take that one ounce of prevention and today I really regret it. Its cost me alot of extra money and alot of extra work. I really wouldn't F*** around here, its that critical. If you think switches and sunroof gears are annoying, you should see 8 bent exhaust valves. Those dudes cost $90 each retail, simple math but I will point it for sake of clarity, thats $720. And you haven't even got into labor and all the other crap that will need to be replaced and thats only the 8 exhaust valves. I didn't even mention the 8 intakes.

Quick Reply: Finally it's in my driveway (With Pics)