Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Score! Box O upgrades and questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
barelyrunshalfthetime
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Score! Box O upgrades and questions

ok, i have a 1983 944. today i was tooling around on it, and a black 85.5 944 pulls up in front of my house. the driver comes out with a box. im thinkin "what the heck is this?" So he comes over and tells me he ordered some performance parts and got doubles on accident. He offered them to me for about 50 bux and i payed him 45. He said he was going to try to sell em on ebay, but saw me workin on my car couple days ago and figured i could use them. The reciept, which was in the box, said he paid about 175 bux for the parts! So now ive got a few new parts, and some questions about em. It included a throttle response cam (weltmeister, anodized red), and a Matrix Dynamics X25V Air intake, which converts it to a cone style filter.

Throttle cam ?= when you put it on, will the cable require adjustment, if so, how? and also i heard u need to adjust the pedal travel, how is this accomplished?

Air Intake ?= i kno everyone says that cones drag in hot air, but my dad and the guy who gave me the parts say that since it is on the opposite side of the headers, that it doesnt make a big difference. Can anyone confirm/deny my concern for the filter actually robbing my engine of power?

Thanks in advance guys, guess i got started with some new parts even before the big Hershey Swap Meet begins!
Old 03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by barelyrunshalfthetime

Throttle cam ?= when you put it on, will the cable require adjustment, if so, how? and also i heard u need to adjust the pedal travel, how is this accomplished?

Air Intake ?= i kno everyone says that cones drag in hot air, but my dad and the guy who gave me the parts say that since it is on the opposite side of the headers, that it doesnt make a big difference. Can anyone confirm/deny my concern for the filter actually robbing my engine of power?

Thanks in advance guys, guess i got started with some new parts even before the big Hershey Swap Meet begins!
My old car didnt require adjustment of the throttle cable after i put in the cam. If it does have to be adjusted, its done where the throtte cable meets the firewall. To adjust the pedal travel, theres a big plastic stop screw under the pedal, just turn it counter clock wise.

For the intake, you wont notice any performance change at all. Your car will sound cooler though

-Jeff
Old 03-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Stephenwz968
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff,

Sorry for the OT, did you sell your 84?

Steve
Old 03-12-2006, 11:34 PM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts