Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANOTHER COOLING ISSUE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:16 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANOTHER COOLING ISSUE!!!

Had the car home for two hours and already overheating. Glad I brought it back on the trailler.

The fans are not coming on at all and the car boiled over once. I've erad some previous posts and realize that both fans should run. Neither of mine are running.

I need to know which relay in the fuse panel runs the fans. Also I need to know which fuse or fuses. I've tryied jumping the thermal switch in the radiator but nothing happened.

Are there any tricks to checking this stuff out. Like a sequence of checks to find out what part is bad?

Duncan
Old 03-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Dunasso
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I straight wired the fans and both of them are functional. Boy do those things draw some amperage. But the really pull the air through.

While I was under there... I noticed that the wires had been poked and prauded quite a bit. this lead me to believe that the problem has been ongoing for some time. i think that even if I were to get it working again....I may still be presented with more problems later-on down the road.

I'm thinking about routing in a new fuse and relay to be mounted under the hood by the battery box somewhere. What do you guys think?

Duncan
Old 03-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lots of guys are running around with them wired to a switch, wiring diagrams can be found in the FSMs. If you need something from the manual PM me.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Charlotte944
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this could be something REAL simple like a bad radiator fan switch. Put every thing back to normal, unplug the fan switch and then jumper the center connector pin to one of the outer pins. Tyr this with the igniton on and off.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER COOLING ISSUE!!!