Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear panel removal....

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:37 AM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 183 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Robby
Wait, the last thing I want to do is unbolt the spooler... I thought we were past that...? Have I misunderstood? It sounds like I can leave it alone & just unbolt the front piece by the seat... if that's the case, the belt spooler would be better left (& much much easier) untouched... I mean, if I unbolt the spooler, I've unbolted all three points.. there are only three, right? Have I misunderstood something here?

edit- not trying to come off as an ******* here... i'm just completely confused now... I thought I understood... any info would be greatly appreciated...
Sorry I thought you were doing the belts also...no need to unbolt the spooler even though it's just 2 bolts if you had to install new belts like i did.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:53 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the spooler (the rear piece behind the panel) need to be touched at all for what you're trying to do.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:15 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool... that's what I thought... I kept looking at the pics & was trying to figure out why... Now I get it... One reason I'm against pulling the spool part is b/c when I removed the rear seatbelts, they locked up on me- not sure how they're supposed to unlock or if this even happens on the front, but really didn't want to get into anything I didn't absolutely have to... this looks much easier now- I think I'm going to order the new panels tommorrow & get them here & then go from there w/OUT cutting into them- my belts look great, so I'm not worried about replacing them... only want to replace the panels b/c I've bent the hell out of them trying to access the rear speakers w/out removing the 1/4 windows so many times...

Steve- sending you a PM...

Quick Reply: Rear panel removal....