Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is amazing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 08:45 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is amazing

Firstly, yes, I am associated with this product.
Secondly, I am not trying to sell it to you nor will I mention it by name.
Thirdly, this was so good I had to share!

Last year I paid $250 to a local body shop for a professional cut and polish because the car was a bit dull with lots of oxidation. I was happy with the results generally but the hood and roof still had a dull, oxidised look if viewed at the right angle as in:

and

from the other side

At the suggestion of a friend who invented this I decided to try it out and see if I could improve the paintwork.
Firstly i applied the solution in straight lines applying a reasonable amount of pressure. Then a swift polish with a towel to remove the haze. After 2-3 applications I got this:

and again

I haven't done the centre part of the hood yet as I wanted to get a good contrast.
I then used Meguirs Colour restorer and then Carnuba wax to get a finished product.

and

once more

what the hell, a blurry one to show I'm not perfect:

The application was no harder than using a cheap car wax and it could have been done using a machine at very low speed, but I dont have one! I have seen this stuff take off watermarks on glass when applied by machine but am really impressed with what it has done to my paintwork. My only problem now is that I have to go back outside (it's about 30C and raining) and finish the hood and roof otherwise every time I look at them it will disturb me.
This will be one of the products we will be looking to get going overseas when we get established.
Hope you enjoyed the pics.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats very noble of you not to mention the name ( cough cough look in sig cough cough )
I have met beeg before on his last trip to the states.. great guy.
That finish looks great !!!
In fact the beer that I'm drinking right now sits in the beer coozy he gave me ( thanks mate )

Don
Old 02-24-2006, 10:56 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don
Thank you, but the stuff I have permission to promote is slightly different! Sorta.
No really, you cannot get your hands on this, so this post was only because I thought it was fantastic. Plus I got to take more pics of the car!
Glad you're still enjoying the stubby cooler.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:08 PM
RMills944
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you may want to post that in the car care forum too...
Old 03-09-2006, 06:28 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Question:

How can a car wash product be strong enough to buff your paint out and not remove any wax/sealant products on the car; i.e. if I wash my car with the stuff will I need to re-wax/seal the car?

Secondly, since you've got Guards paint did you see any red residue on your wash cloth? Everytime I've buffed GR to remove dullness it removed a micro layer of paint thus the buffing pad had traces of red on it.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Bugger.
Sorry.
Confusion reigns. My fault for posting about two different products in the same thread.
I'll remove the car wash item.
Yes this takes off a thin layer of paint. Just like 'cut and polish' stuff. Yes there is a red residue on the cloth. Yes I had to wax after scrubbing.
Originally Posted by ELLSSUU
Question:

How can a car wash product be strong enough to buff your paint out and not remove any wax/sealant products on the car; i.e. if I wash my car with the stuff will I need to re-wax/seal the car?

Secondly, since you've got Guards paint did you see any red residue on your wash cloth? Everytime I've buffed GR to remove dullness it removed a micro layer of paint thus the buffing pad had traces of red on it.
Old 03-09-2006, 09:40 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Okay, now I got it. Thought you were posting about the wash product.

Quick Reply: This is amazing