Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Widebody 951 Roller - Former Technodyne Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 03:52 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FS: Widebody 951 Roller - Former Technodyne Car

PRICE: $6,500 / negotiable

Description Below.

Old 02-09-2006, 03:56 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PRICE: $6,500 / negotiable

All told, the body panels alone are worth $4,600 new plus labor, plus the cage work, plus the paint job, and all of the extras... so I think that's a steal Most people pay close to this much JUST to add the widebody stuff on their existing cars, you could sell yours and transfer parts to this for far less.

VERY High quality bodywork, almost-new paint (less than 2k miles) done by Macs II in Rochester NY. Porsche Arctic Silver. Lightweight (iirc approx. 2500lb WITH engine / seats) chassis includes:

- GT Racing Fiberglass bumper
- GT Racing Fiberglass front fenders
- GT Racing CF hood
- GT Racing Fiberglass rear widebody quarters, custom tub work
- GT Racing Fiberglass rear valence / lower splitter
- GT Racing CF race dash
- LR Stage 5 header panel w/ IC duct.

Full Cage done by Technodyne Racing in AZ, includes driver's Seat Brace per PCA rules.

Items of note / discrepancies / issues / bonus parts:

There is ONE small bit of damage on the bodywork: when the tow-truck lowered the car at Chris White's for the TEC3 install, the shop had set the ride-height too low in the back, and there is a small (approx 4-6 in tops) tear/crack in the rear above the right wheel. It's VERY repairable, it just needs a bit of fiberglass-infused-bondo and primer/paint, I just haven't had time w/ everything else. Probably be $3-400 at a reputable shop, tops. Another item of note, really a good thing but I am going for full disclosure here - there is NO PARKING BRAKE. No line, no provisions on the rear hubs, etc. Good stuff: The front is carpeted w/ OEM replica carpet - it's not a show-quality job but it is nice. The car is fully wired for most everything including turn signals, horn, radiator fan (can be controlled by a switch or ecu etc), ALL LIGHTS WORK except the license-plate lamps and that's just because the bulbs are missing. The doors are stripped but have functional power windows (only the driver's side is wired as of now, but both switches are in the car on the dash). Switches also include mains switch, ecu power, starter (momentary), separate running / main / aux lamps, and others. The wiring is via a Painless harness mounted under the stock fuse cover Sexy stuff, I tell you.

OPTIONAL STUFF

Up to the buyer's discretion, I have several things that could or might not be included with the car, that depends on what you want and what you want to pay:

Wheels: Kinesis 17x9.5 Front 17x12 rear with 245x45x17 and 315x30x17 Pirelli street tires (P-Zero). I will be blunt: I got these while working at a shop and paid under 4k for them and about 1500 in tires, so I'm not looking to profit when I say I'm willing to include them with the chassis for an additional 3k flat... Separately I will be asking at least 3,500. Polished lip, Polished-then-anodized centers, simple wide 5-spoke design.

Twin Setrab oil coolers. Right now they are on the car, I remember them costing an ungodly ammount, something like $1,800 or more - plus AN lines, fittings, adaptors to the stock cooler outlets, and my time to put them on. You want 'em? I'll leave them on the car for now and lets call them an extra $750. If nobody buys the chassis and someone contacts / pays me for them in the mean time, they're coming off and I will update this thread.

968 mirrors w/ glass. I know it sounds petty / small but I've had a lot of takers for these, so unless you act fast they'll probably be swapped for flag mirrors prior to the sale.

NOT Included
Lexan Hatch w/ 968 TRS Wing (factory hatch/wing installed currently)
Headlight Buckets / Lamps
Drivetrain (does have torque tube)
Fabspeed Exhaust
Seats (DOES include brackets / rails)
Old 02-09-2006, 04:03 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

PS - DELIVERY AVAILABLE

Mike and I would be willing to trailer it a reasonable distance (see: NOT California lol) for a small additional cost (aka enough to cover food / gas). Let me put it this way, if we can't trailer it there and get back at 65-70 tops in a long 16-18 hour round-trip day, we aren't delivering So that means maybe a 500ish mile radius or less - after that, you are free to pick it up w/ a trailer or arrange shipping, I got it from AZ to NY in a week for a little over 1k...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:55 AM
kcryan
Instructor

Damn boys if u were sellin a runnin car id be all over it...
Old 02-09-2006, 10:01 AM
daniel951
Race Car

are those gt racing headlights? how much did they cost for the conversion?BTW you have a very nice ride
Old 02-09-2006, 02:51 PM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Yep they are the GT carbon buckets. All told with lamps (I did the HID ones at the time) it was a $2,500 project). Right now they are coming off to be sold separately, I'm asking about 900 for the buckets, covers, and lamps (halogen).
Old 02-09-2006, 04:55 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Do you have pics of the Kinesis wheels? Why're you guys selling?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:58 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Michelle, I can get you close ups. Dave has a different project, a 350z Track Edition that he wants to play with and keeping both just isnt in the cards.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:56 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Work with me on the headlights and I will be happy to take them off your hands.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
joseph mitro
Race Car

Received 246 Likes on 160 Posts

out of curiosity....is this car setup for PCA racing in GT3 or GT2 classes?
Old 02-09-2006, 11:16 PM
wombat7
Three Wheelin'

Damn... you guys are about a year to early for me...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:39 AM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

MattH - I was thinking 900 was fair for the 4 lamps, buckets, covers.

Joseph - it was actually GT1S (2.8 engine bumped it but I was on street tires as it was a street car I'd planned to use for DE mainly) - but I think it should be GT3 as long as you pay attention to the engine rules and suspension etc -- I'm honestly NOT familiar with the classing anymore (wasn't that much in the first place), sorry!
Old 02-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike, are they Hella 90mm Rounds? If so I already have a pair (which sucks for both of us). Let me give it some more thought. That isnt much off of just buying the kit/lights new.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:03 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

OOPS - i replied while Mike was logged in, my bad. They are indeed Hella 90mm (reflector high projector low). the price I was talking about was for both lamps and the buckets / covers - from what I remember they cost a decent bit more, but if I am remembering wrong, I'd be glad to lower the price - the only thing that, as you said, sucks for both of us -- I wasn't really hoping to have to sell them as separate parts. The main value you get w/ mine is I've made custom brackets out of aluminum (and painted black) to hold the lamps in the buckets btw...
Old 02-10-2006, 11:13 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by joseph mitro
out of curiosity....is this car setup for PCA racing in GT3 or GT2 classes?
Well the chassis can work in GT6 through GT1. It all depends on what size engine is in the car.

GT rules are based engine size and tire. Cage is GT legal. Or at least WAS GT legal. I don't thing any adjustments were made.

It could be competitive, but sounds like all you are getting is a tub with fiberglass widebody kit and a cage. Good basis for a GT car certainly. Probably you would run in GT3 with a 2.5L turbo motor. The widebody is probably too much to run it in GT4 with 2.5L NA motor.

what suspension parts come with the car?

Quick Reply: FS: Widebody 951 Roller - Former Technodyne Car