Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone need a non-sunroof 85.5na shell? (Cali)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 02:07 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone need a non-sunroof 85.5na shell? (Cali)

I just picked up a non-sunroof 85.5na. Here is the photo website from the seller:
http://community.webshots.com/album/530873714GFBrKY

My intent is to part the car -- it's got many things of value (LSD tranny, hatch, interior, funky early 911 wheels, suspension, etc...). Plus it'll be too much of an effort to bring the car back (needs clutch, PS leaks, oil leaks, coolant leaks, rear CV needs replacing, PO kept the seats, cracked dash, cracked windshield, no rubber left on tire, front-end hit, needs alignment).

My question is: how far do I go? If noone is going to want the shell, I'll take everything possible and let a towing company junk it. But if someone wants a shell (let's say to build a spec-racer), then I'm willing to leave in some parts (motor, body panels, crappy suspesion from another car, so forth....) -- enough parts so that you can still rebuild the car if you address the above issues (minus wheels, tranny and interior)

I'm only bothering to ask b/c a non-sunroof car is hard to find.

In fact, if someone has a use, I'm willing to say "bring a truck, some roller wheels, take the shell, take the motor, take whatever I couldn't be bothered to take off, and take it for free". The vehicle is currently in Berkeley, CA. I do occasional SF<->LA run, so I can even be convinced to deliver a little ways. Any interest, or am I parting it all the way?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:53 AM
michaelathome
Race Car

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josephsc
Plus it'll be too much of an effort to bring the car back (needs clutch, PS leaks, oil leaks, coolant leaks, rear CV needs replacing, PO kept the seats, cracked dash, cracked windshield, no rubber left on tire, front-end hit, needs alignment).
Is that all that is wrong with it? That's not too bad. Why not try to sell it to another RL'r whole?

I have dragged worse from the grave and it is now running, well last time I heard it was

For about a grand or so it could easilly be a keaper in the right hands. Just not mine.

Michael
Old 01-25-2006, 03:18 AM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

What's the status of the tags? I'm thinking I may want her. Let me know! Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:20 AM
vette4lyfe
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hows the motor? If you do part it out i call Dibs...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:36 AM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea, I thought about repairing -- I thought this would make a good base for the 944spec car (non-sunroof seems desirable there). But I have too many cars. Plus, I'd rather focus my energy on other projects....

Let's see:

motor -- runs, but PO says leaks 1 qt of oil every 1000 miles. And he said the coolant leaked every so often. I'm thinking the head gasket needs checked as well as the oil pan gasket. It runs, but should be pulled and looked over.

tags -- clean CA title, currently registered as Planned Non-Op since the owner got into an accident one year ago.

It would be relatively easy to bring the car down south. But probably not for a couple of months, though....
Old 01-25-2006, 03:53 AM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe,

A couple months would be perfect actually. I won't have any money to do anything with it until then anyhow. Let's talk! My number changed since you picked up that LSD trans from me in Huntington Beach...I'll PM you...

Quick Reply: Anyone need a non-sunroof 85.5na shell? (Cali)