Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bleeding clutch.

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 09:14 PM
camelot
Instructor

Default Bleeding clutch.

Ive read a few posts about people having problems bleeding clutch after a new slave. Well today I finished my clutch job and installed all new hyd's. I read about how Michele D. had done it and Thought it was a good idea. After all air wants to rise anyway. Well here goes. I hooked up my powerbleeder to the bleeder screw on the slave. I made sure all air was out of line from bleeder before I clamped it to the bleeder (on the slave) After giving the power bleeder a few pumps to about 7 lbs. I opened the bleeder screw just a 1/2 turn. I then watched the reservior on the brake mc, till I saw the level rising. Tightened the bleeder, loosened the top of the power bleeder to relieve pressure, and disconnected. The first pump sent the pedal to the floor So I left it there and cracked the bleed screw. It spit a small amount of air, and then solid fluid. I wanted to make sure I got all the air out, so I pushed the pedal down and wedged a few blocks under the brake pedal that held the clutch pedal down about 2 inches off the floor and cracked the bleed screw again. This time hardly any air. The clutch is now fine. I wish I new what that clutch mc supply hose was made out of it was ridiculous in price. And I couldn't get any hose manufacture to say his stuff would stand up to brake fluid. So I had to go with original. Well I hope this helps someone. As i was able to do it alone.
Old 01-24-2006 | 11:34 PM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Sweet, thanks. I just installed a replacement clutch slave cyl in my 944, and it wasn't as bad as the stories made it sound. I took my time, did it the old fashioned way with two people, and I made sure the car was parked slightly facing uphill, with only the front left jacked up, to help the air find it's way to the nipple. I really want a power bleeder though, you made this job sound like a piece of cake.

Quick Reply: Bleeding clutch.