Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stolen 951 craigslist ad in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006 | 09:43 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

give some examples of him being arrogant.
Old 01-13-2006 | 09:45 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nickg
not poor...just not arrogant rich either
Well........
Old 01-13-2006 | 09:51 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ehall
^^^^^^ WOW!...can you say potential suspect? Feel free to stay away. If this is what we get to look forward to, we won't miss you.

not you Rich.
you accusing me because I stated my opinion here?? I could give two craps about his car. I have parted more of those out than I care to think about, people here post alot of nonsense sometimes like "red 951's are rare in this part"...wrong, saw 3 on my way home tonight, or "it's getting exported, it was an inside job" you guys have seen gone in 60 seconds too many times...most thefts are joyrides and are found. How do I know you may ask? My brother is a detective...that is how. Mr rolex live 15 miles form the car theft capitol of the world, in a ritzy upscale town that has a large percentage of day workers in it during the day, not hard to figure that out if you do the math here folks. You see that is what it is, a car, a piece of metal that can be replaced. When my GNX got stolen, I took it hard, but you know what? I got over it. but here is the difference, I worked for it, saved my 4 for a long time to get it. I am sure that's the case here I didn't preach down people about their "knowledge" or demand their "background" , why? because that is pretty darned arrogant and not how adults talk to one another. The internet is just full of faceless "experts" on everything, but I am sure you know that one.
Old 01-13-2006 | 09:52 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

nope, it isn't but when someone offers help and you act like an *** toward them, then tell me that I can be banned for saying somethiong about it? perhaps you get what you deserve, and I am entitled to my opinion. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't come on here. Guys like him are the reason porsche's get a rap for having arrogant ******** in them(that and the PCA).I have been reading his posts for a long time. I WAS a member of Rennlist when it first started, I just didn't say anything much. But I figured I would just speak how I felt about this one. If you are familiar with the area that the car was taken from, you'd know it is basically yuppyville NJ, and by his own comments, he is rich...I have a bit of disdain for people who are arrogant in this manner. Sorry, but that's how I feel, shame, it was a nice car. I read all about it and irt should be easy for someone like him (who is rich) to just buy it again, heck he has 2 (TWO!!!) ferraris in the garage and I am supposed to feel bad for HIM? nope, he can just take his greenbacks to the guys he paid to build it last time and tell them he'll take another, of course this time you might want to remember the LOJACK that you didn't think about this time(even though by his own words"it has everything"). I am sure that since he is obviously of a higher class than most, he did insure it properly... Seems like Karma does seem to come around now and then, good luck finding it, cause your gonna need it....
as for me, alot of the jersey guys know me. Quite a few have bought parts from me or my father for a long time. I did not come on to start anything, but sometime you got to call a spade a spade. Truth sometimes hurts and reality of life is that things like this happen to lots of people. I myself had a car stolen. I didn't at first but now I find it somewhat gratifying to see a guy like him knocked of his high horse ito the real world that us poor people live in.

Man you have some serious issues Dude. No wonder you don't contribute. Oh, and please let me know where NOT to buy parts from next time. I'm poor myself by Porsche standards and don't have the ***** envy you seem to be sporting.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:03 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

nope, it isn't but when someone offers help and you act like an *** toward them, then tell me that I can be banned for saying somethiong about it? perhaps you get what you deserve, and I am entitled to my opinion. Just because I don't post often doesn't mean I don't come on here. Guys like him are the reason porsche's get a rap for having arrogant ******** in them(that and the PCA).I have been reading his posts for a long time. I WAS a member of Rennlist when it first started, I just didn't say anything much. But I figured I would just speak how I felt about this one. If you are familiar with the area that the car was taken from, you'd know it is basically yuppyville NJ, and by his own comments, he is rich...I have a bit of disdain for people who are arrogant in this manner. Sorry, but that's how I feel, shame, it was a nice car. I read all about it and irt should be easy for someone like him (who is rich) to just buy it again, heck he has 2 (TWO!!!) ferraris in the garage and I am supposed to feel bad for HIM? nope, he can just take his greenbacks to the guys he paid to build it last time and tell them he'll take another, of course this time you might want to remember the LOJACK that you didn't think about this time(even though by his own words"it has everything"). I am sure that since he is obviously of a higher class than most, he did insure it properly... Seems like Karma does seem to come around now and then, good luck finding it, cause your gonna need it....
as for me, alot of the jersey guys know me. Quite a few have bought parts from me or my father for a long time. I did not come on to start anything, but sometime you got to call a spade a spade. Truth sometimes hurts and reality of life is that things like this happen to lots of people. I myself had a car stolen. I didn't at first but now I find it somewhat gratifying to see a guy like him knocked of his high horse ito the real world that us poor people live in.
I can't say I agree with you. From what I've seen (after wiping the drewl off my mouth from looking at pics of his car) Rolex is a pretty stand up guy. I haven't read any arrogance into his posts, but then again I don't care either.

This is not a dig on you, but my experience of people that feel others are arrogant mostly stems from a self projecting inner lack of self confidence onto others... psychology lesson over

We are all entitled to our own opinion and you have the right to yours as well, even if you are not a paying member.

BTW - what type of parts business do you have?

Regards,
Cory
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:11 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

besides that, imaginre that you are the guy driving to work in your red 944 and some guy who sees this calls the state police and reports your car as being stolen and they they pull you over thining that your car is stolen,,,ever been though that one? not a pleasant experience. Nice thought , but I am sorry posting on an internet board and "writing an articulate letter to the president of the (whoever he was) " doesn' t find the car, it just begets a pity party. bottom line is if you live in Jersey where he is from or that area with that kind of $ in a car, you get lojack.(it's the best 300 you can spend). If I was himn, i wouldn't want it back, the carfax is gonna kill it's value anyway and it sucks to see the remains of something you poured your heart and soul out on. I know from experience. I also don't care if you buy parts from me or not quite honestly. I'd probably not sell them to you anyway.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:15 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

I also don't care if you buy parts from me or not quite honestly. I'd probably not sell them to you anyway.

I thought it was a legitimate question and you told him to Fu-k off.

So, how is business? Not good, I would guess.....
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:20 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

This is not a dig on you, but my experience of people that feel others are arrogant mostly stems from a self projecting inner lack of self confidence onto others... psychology lesson over
I was a psych major...
I really didn't want to argue with people here, I like the rennlist(it is quite entertaining) but I just felt that I would pip in on this one...sorry to offend, it isn't intended, it is all about perspective here guys....perspective....
I actually work in the teir one automotive supplier realm right now, No retail (been working on Porsches or parting them since I was 12, I got an early start ). My old man has a nice little gig going on in his retirement(I helped him get it off the ground) and mainly does VW, Audi, Volvo and Bmw. I for one think that is good for one's ego to be checked every once in a while(that goes for me too).
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:22 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by streckfu's951

actually it is going remarkably well for this time of year. I don't sell parts retail, but if I still did I would be doing fine You see if you weren't gonna buy &25k, I wouldn't waste my time on you. I don't and won't sell Porsche stuff(not any $ in it honestly) as the company makes OEM for them, I don't see a real market for the old cars.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:25 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What was that line... "It's not your flying it's your attitude." appropo. It would appear your creating a nice list of people who wouldn't buy from you, there big guy. Damn. Who pissed in your damn cheerios? You don't even know Rob. You just assume that he's a bad guy from his posts.

"I didn't preach down people about their "knowledge" or demand their "background" , why? because that is pretty darned arrogant and not how adults talk to one another. The internet is just full of faceless "experts" on everything, but I am sure you know that one."

Really. Perhaps you should re-read your posts in this thread. It would appear that you don't know how to talk to adults either.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:27 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

nick,
Not to bicker but "SHIFT".
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:32 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

I was a psych major... I actually work in the teir one automotive supplier realm right now
Somehow everything concerning your comments is all making sense now
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:32 PM
nickg
Three Wheelin'

I did reread it.. and I don't demand people's backgrounds of their knowledge, That is my opinion, you can disagree(no big deal) . I am at time pretty blunt, but since none of you are a car company or a major automotive chain, It doesn't matter if you wouldn't buy from me on a professional level. Personally? I think I do ok, but since Ebay came around, the prices of the used stuff has become so low that most of the parts aren't worth the effort to take them off anymore honestly and if they are even the slightest dirty or look used the people have hissy fits which make the little $ you get worthless in terms of hassle. I never claimed to be a nice guy, and honestly I am a jerk sometimes, but when you go out of your way to try to help some one and because you don't post a lot, they basically tell you to **** off, it is not cool. I took it wrong surely, but that is the way it went.
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:33 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by streckfu's951

Read above reply^^^^^^^^^
Old 01-13-2006 | 10:35 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Now back to our regularly scheduled thread...

Quick Reply: stolen 951 craigslist ad in NJ