Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch pedal stuck to floor..

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:36 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 9444Alexis
It's amazing how much cursing a vehicle can cause in so short a time! Just had my clutch done and was enjoying the feeling of driving without hearing every articulation of the clutch when my pedal dropped and stayed there. It is now on ramps awaiting attention. Unfortunately, without a garage, gravel ground gets ugly at 30F. I guess I should plan on replacing all of the part then? The master/slave and line between?

I am in the same boat as you, i don't have a garage, but my clutch pedal didn't drop to the floor yet, just wet (leaking).

I am leaving after a few minutes to pick up my car, and yes, the search function brings up very good info indeed.

It turns out that if one component of the clutch hydrolic system fails (or leaks, be it the clutch master, slave or the intermediate hose), if one is replaced, it is only a matter of time before one of the other two components fail as well. Get a peace of mind, do the job once and replace all three components.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:20 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951

It turns out that if one component of the clutch hydraulic system fails (or leaks, be it the clutch master, slave or the intermediate hose), if one is replaced, it is only a matter of time before one of the other two components fail as well. Get a peace of mind, do the job once and replace all three components.
Amen. Save yourself some time and frustration and replace the MC, SC, and blue hose if bleeding the system does not solve your problem. Good luck.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:57 PM
jenket944
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flushed the slave cylinder over the weekend and the pedal got it's normal resistance back...for two days (when the cold front hit). Now it's sunk back to the floor and won't actuate. Time to call Paragon and do some surgery. Wish the body shop would finish with the NA already!
Old 01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 62 Posts

A clutch pedal stuck to the floor can also mean a throwout bearing failure. If it one day stalls out on you and the clutch pedal is stuck, or sucked to the floor, your TB just sheared or binded on you.

Definitely not a good thing...
Old 01-11-2006, 06:37 PM
jenket944
Pro

Appreciate the tip, Andy. This failure was definitely air in the hydraulic fluid...I could feel the pedal losing resistance. The pedal is on the floor and I can pull it up with little effort, but it just sinks back if I let it go. Plus, I think I saw brake fluid on the garage floor beneath the slave.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Bulti
1st Gear

Default Same problem here - weird problem!?

Hi guys I'm a new Rennlist-member and if someone can help me with my car 'issues' it would be realy, realy great because I am starting to think to burn the sucker to ashes for real.

The origin of my desperation lies within te clutch pedal of my '92 968 coupe.

The problem:

the clutchpedal sticks to the floor

Parts replaced so far:

master- and slave cylinders, blue tube connecting brake fluidcontainer and master cylinder. Line connecting master and slave appears to be bonedry.

Methods and procedure tried so far:

used about 3 litres of DOT4 brakefluid to bleed the system using both traditional 2-man method and pressurised bleeding ('Eesibleed' bleeder).

-I jacked the rear end up, didn't help much
-many airbubbles came out, apparently not quite enough
-no signs of any leakage of my garagefloor
-master push rod set to exactly 147 mm
-flywheel and clutch (blue color-coded) are brand new
-the clutch did work for a limited time but came on way too soon (pedal about a cm off the floor made the car want to move foreward already)
-->trying to bleed the clutch some more resulted in pedal sticking to floor

Is there somebody out there who knows whats going on? I'm out of ideas completely and I want my baby back on the road asap.

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal stuck to floor..