Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where have all the Rennlist 944 gearheads gone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005 | 03:16 AM
josephsc
Race Car

From: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

Luis, I saw the thread but I was really hungover at the time.... Plus, I didn't really have anyting to add.

People are around -- it's just slow on Rennlist with everyone doing bunch of holiday stuff.
Old 12-21-2005 | 10:12 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Predator
Could be the season.... but there is a more plausable reason.........................................
Please feel free to enlighten us with that loaded statement?

Old 12-21-2005 | 10:42 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Luis, funny you ask. A buddy and I were just discussing this the other night. It seems that a lot of people have left because these boards just aren't the same anymore. There seems to be a handful of people on here that want to jump down your throat for the ever slightest differing opinion you may have from theirs.

Most topics no longer have any useful knowledge to them at all. Instead people want to just prove who's dick (hp) is bigger then the others, my vendor is god and all others suck, or I raced this car last night, or my girlfriends mother's sister ate a twinkie in my car last night....You get the point...

It's getting very tiring and most the times my ears start to bleed from all people that jump on and cause a thread to go OT. Many of the good people have just moved on. Rant off....

Last edited by por951turbo; 12-21-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-21-2005 | 05:32 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

jeeeze, yur like in Barcelona ur something, gawd...

Four days before Christmas and you wonder what everyone is doing? Seriously, I'll get back to you on this...
Old 12-21-2005 | 05:44 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TheStig
Somebody get a ****load of dimes!

Eat your heart out Blazing Saddles

HAS ANYBODY GOT A DIME?!?!?!

"I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ***-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists. "

Taggart: I got it. I got it.
Hedley Lamarr: You do?
Taggart: We'll work up a "Number 6" on 'em.
Hedley Lamarr: "Number 6"? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that one...
Taggart: Well, that's where we go a-ridin' into town, a whampin' and whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life. Except the women folks, of course.
Hedley Lamarr: You spare the women?
Taggart: NAW. We rape the **** out of them at the Number 6 Dance later on.
Hedley Lamarr: Marvelous.

sorry for the OT.................
Old 12-21-2005 | 08:19 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

I dont know about some of you, but im staring off into space trying to figure out what to get for the last few Christmas gifts. And I leave work in 45 minutes to go to the mall!
Old 12-21-2005 | 08:33 PM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theedge
I dont know about some of you, but im staring off into space trying to figure out what to get for the last few Christmas gifts. And I leave work in 45 minutes to go to the mall!

Christmas? Oh yeah. Thats coming up in a few days, huh.

Don't ya know, that if ya haven't gotten it all taken care of by now (shopping and all, that is), your SCREWED anyway?

I'd just like to know the definition of "gearhead".

I think, I'm just a wanna-be.....gearhead. Porsche's only, mind ya.

MERRY CHRISTMAS............AND/or............HAPPY HOLIDAYS........TO ALL!
Old 12-21-2005 | 08:36 PM
MPD47
The Carnage King
Rennlist Member

Other than the 951 forum and the OT forum, I rarely venture elsewhere on Rennlist anymore. Sadly I havent been happy with the direction the technical forums have taken due to certain members. But that's just my personal opinion.
Old 12-21-2005 | 09:15 PM
hoffman912
The Hoffinator
Rennlist Member

sounds like an old folk song..

[quote]

Where have all the gear heads gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
rennlisters have picked them every one
When will they ever learn?

[quote]
When will they ever learn?
Old 12-22-2005 | 12:55 AM
Granite 944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MPD47
Other than the 951 forum and the OT forum, I rarely venture elsewhere on Rennlist anymore. Sadly I havent been happy with the direction the technical forums have taken due to certain members. But that's just my personal opinion.
And, a good one at THAT! Different strokes, for different folks. Butt, I see your point, and can agree.

Somewhat.
Old 12-22-2005 | 01:21 AM
MR951
Racer

Originally Posted by MPD47
A personal opinion that is shared by others.
Old 12-22-2005 | 10:02 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por951turbo
Luis, funny you ask. A buddy and I were just discussing this the other night. It seems that a lot of people have left because these boards just aren't the same anymore. There seems to be a handful of people on here that want to jump down your throat for the ever slightest differing opinion you may have from theirs.

Most topics no longer have any useful knowledge to them at all. Instead people want to just prove who's dick (hp) is bigger then the others, my vendor is god and all others suck, or I raced this car last night, or my girlfriends mother's sister ate a twinkie in my car last night....You get the point...

It's getting very tiring and most the times my ears start to bleed from all people that jump on and cause a thread to go OT. Many of the good people have just moved on. Rant off....
I agree, Nobody believes you if you don't have a Dyno chart..
Old 12-22-2005 | 10:19 AM
testarossa_td
Race Car

There is an ebb and flow to Rennlist® and sometimes a Tsunami...in the end it rebuilds....
Old 12-22-2005 | 11:04 AM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I think everyone is waiting for Mr. Pilkington to come over from porscheforum. He seems to be a real technical guru.

I think a lot of the regulars moved to different cars, different hobbies, got into RA and are going through a 12 step process to wean themself of the rennlist addiction.

It surely cannot be because of things like this
Originally Posted by lart951
what is the reason retardor? since you are so freaking smart, why don't you enlighten us.

It took you a freaking year to figure out what a 15 year old can figure out in 10 minutes, yea right very smart. lol.

Last edited by Tom R.; 12-22-2005 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-22-2005 | 11:24 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Originally Posted by por951turbo

well said man. Its getting very old and Ive noticed it more than ever in the last few months. And Ill go ahead and say it - the moderation around here lately is worthless IMHO.

Quick Reply: Where have all the Rennlist 944 gearheads gone?