Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Stunt Driving Techniques DVD

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:36 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default OT: Stunt Driving Techniques DVD

I'm sorry for asking off-topic/business type questions here, but I don't know who else to ask besides my good buddies here. Private message me if I shouldn't ask this stuff here.

This is off-topic, but I'm kind of curious what kind of demand there might be for a DVD that goes over all the "stunt" driving techniques you see in movies. J-Turns, U-turns at speed, drifting, spinning the car around quickly, donuts, etc.

My idea is to get in touch with the owner of a building with a large parking lot, get some friends together and tape, as professionally as possible, all of these techniques being done. We would be fairly safe with it all and have safety workers on hand during filming.

But before I can get started, I need to know if there's any type of demand for a product like this. I'd probably market it primarily over the internet and maybe put a link in my signature to the home page for it.

Would you buy something like this?
How much would you be willing to pay?

Thanks fellas!
Nick
Old 12-19-2005, 03:59 AM
Variance
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd definately be in for one. I would think that learning such manuevers could help people better learn the limits of thie cars, too.

-=Kenneth=-

Edit - Oh, And I think I'd be willing to pay around $20-30 for it.

Last edited by Raptor FC3S; 12-19-2005 at 04:53 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:09 AM
bleucamaro
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be interested granted the drivers actually knew what they were doing (professional driving instructors with credible driving experiances), and the video was informative, and not just a bunch of yay-hoos shedding rubber in a parking lot. Perhaps a 2dvd set with performance driving techniques (how to be smooth, corner entry, planning lines) on one DVD and another with stunt techniques( drifting, parallel parking, J-turns).

If the instruction was good, and credible, I'd be willing to pay $25 per disc.
If its just going to be another drift video, or watching guys doing stunts, I might watch it if it was given to me.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:13 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BeaveRun race track puts on a course designed to teach these moves. I think it's called something like "the 007 experience". Check it out at www.beaverun.com.

Quick Reply: OT: Stunt Driving Techniques DVD