Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who wants Larrys AC delet parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005 | 09:51 AM
Larry Parker
Racer

If anyone has sent me an email recently and I have not reply its because my work email has been all messed up.... As for rallying... I worked for a shcok company and my old boss rallied at one time so we tested alot of owr shocks in the woods and I liked it a bunch.... I built this 944S2 roadrace car but didnt really enjoy it all that much as I felt the P-car club racing was not that hot, so I built my talon at age 23 and ran a few events... This year I wrecked the talon, but I was not all that mad about it..... It gave me a chance to build a VERY nice new car!! but I still miss that old S2 it was nice but the cage was NOT
Attached Images   
Old 12-07-2005 | 10:06 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tifosiman
Hi Larry, mine still looks great and is holding up just fine. Are you offering them in silver like the last time?

The rally car looks great, what class does that run in? It's too old for production class, right? I used to run a GLH in production class a long time ago, then when it got aged out of production, I ran it in G2 for a while.
OK - this is now the rally thread...

Tifo - Production class no longer has an age limitation. We run a 15+ year old PGT Talon.

Larry - the new car is looking good. At least part of the old car will live on. As you know the roll bar from your cage is going in "Partial Eclipse". The engine for that car just got an over-bore last Friday. Should be bringing it home and starting the assembly later this week. Will have 2G pistons to raise kompression and no balance shafts. Will be my first 'Open' class motor for DSMs. "Partial Eclipse" will be the ice race, RallyCross and road rally weapon of choice for the next few years (poor 'Eagle 1' is getting a little rusty).

Ashton - Seamus Burke lives in your home town. You should try to locate him. Until one year ago, he was one of this country's top rally drivers. He may be fully or semi-retired now. I don't recall seeing much of him this past season. The best way for you to get started will be to find a team looking for service crew help. Volunteer your time and go to the rallies. Another good way to get involved is as a worker (marshall, control crew, etc.) Start a seperate thread - if you want to learn more. I've got a little experience that I can share.
Old 12-07-2005 | 10:25 AM
Larry Parker
Racer

So can we get a list of AC-delet people...... All in who want them say I......

The new car was real good, but I just bought my first home on friday and the rally project is going to be slowing down for the next month or two.... I think my plans to make it to SNO*Drift wont happen this year... ??

The new car is nice, but the bearing suspension is taking some time and the front control arms are a real PIA.....

LP
Old 12-07-2005 | 10:49 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Well to stay ever so slightly on topic...

..here is a pic of Larry's A/C delete bracket in my concours quality engine bay.

And to keep the rally theme alive - a couple of shots of the roll bar (lightened significantly) from Larry's old car in place in my 'new' car.
Attached Images    

Last edited by Scott at Team Harco; 12-07-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-07-2005 | 01:04 PM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

I can attest to the "go talk to a local rally guy". I did and that's how I got started. For a while, Jon Nichols (Canadian Gr2 rally God) was renting a garage on my street, so one day I spotted this crazy VW Golf outside on the trailer and started following the Canadian Rally Championship. Last January my dad needed tires for the Jetta he had just picked up and brought home the business card... with Nichols' co-driver's name on it. So I went with my dad when he needed new summer tires and got around to talking with Carl (co-driver). 6-months later picked up my first car and rallied it a week later... Now I'm addicted and on the verge of having 3 cars by next spring. Mom's not too happy... oh well.

Most rally guys are willing to share info... just don't annoy them.

All those cage pics are making me restless... I need a machine shop
Old 12-07-2005 | 02:16 PM
Motation
Advanced

Default A/C delete

Hi Larry, I am new to this Forum and this is the first thread I have read. I am intersted in the A/C delete "package " you are selling. I have ran my 86 n/a 944 with out A/C for about 5 years now and I don't really miss it, so I am looking to scrap it all together. Please give me a good description of exactly what it is/does and if it will fit my car. thank you
Old 12-07-2005 | 03:23 PM
Larry Parker
Racer

Wow I just looked at your avatar and realized what it was! I new Richard Burns was sick but I have been so wraped up in work that I didnt know he had passed...

LP
Old 12-07-2005 | 04:11 PM
apierce918
Addic
Rennlist Member

does the bracket just re-locate the alternator then allow the adjustment to be made by rotating the alternator on the bracket instead of the turnbuckle on the compressor?
Old 12-07-2005 | 04:37 PM
Campeck
Campeck Rulez
Rennlist Member

no. the turnbuckle linkage thing is still there.
you use th eone from the ac. and yes it reloacted it down where the ac was. that and getting rid of the airbox really cleans up the na engine bay.
Old 12-07-2005 | 05:08 PM
Motation
Advanced

Default I am interested in buying...

Please post a pic of all that is included and a solid description of what cars it will fit , and what I need to do to make it fit. thanks for your time.
Old 12-08-2005 | 08:36 AM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Motation
Please post a pic of all that is included and a solid description of what cars it will fit , and what I need to do to make it fit. thanks for your time.
I don't want to speak for Larry - but I can tell you what came with my kit. In the picture I posted above - you can see everything that came with mine, except the belt. You get the bracket, the bolts and the belt.

All you need to do is (disconnect the battery first) remove the A/C kompressor, the alternator and the original alternator mounting bracket. The new bracket bolts in the same place that the OE alternator bracket came from. You should install the pivot bolt of the alternator to the bracket first. Then place this assembly on the engine and tighten the four bolts that hold it. Install the belt (I think the P/S belt must come off first). Then install the turnbuckle strut (that came from the A/C kompressor) on the alternator. Adjust belt tension, wire the alternator, install and tension the P/S belt, reconnect the battery.

It's pretty simple. Just takes a little time.
Old 12-08-2005 | 11:27 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Larry Parker
Wow I just looked at your avatar and realized what it was! I new Richard Burns was sick but I have been so wraped up in work that I didnt know he had passed...

LP
I found out a bit after the fact as well... Nov 24th I believe. It's been a hard few months for me as well... I've been a Markko Martin fan since Day 1 and , well, Michael 'Beef' Park's been a huge part of it.

Oddly enough, it makes me want to rally even more.

Ahhh, fudge it... I'm going to need to delete the A/C in the 924S next summer. I'll let ya know by the end of the week if I want one.
Old 12-19-2005 | 06:50 PM
Motation
Advanced

Ok I want one, please Pm me or post how I can obtain one, thank you
Old 12-20-2005 | 09:36 PM
kennycoulter
Drifting

how much without a belt, and will you have them sometime in january or february?
Old 12-21-2005 | 12:02 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll take one.

Quick Reply: Who wants Larrys AC delet parts?