Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starter Question - The agony continues

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bellhousing was bad becasue the threads where the torque tube bolts go in were stripped. Believe it or not the previous shop (well known in these parts) actually used only 1 bolt to hold the torque tube to the bell housing rather than replace the bellhosuing amd no they didnt tell me. This was actaully noticed when Al951 and I were under the car installing the new exhaust system. My new mechanic realized this as well and therefore got another bellhousing.

My new mechanic is a licensed Porsche mechanic and he is very good but he admits that he is really a 911 mechanic and this was the first clutch job he had performed on a 951 (he very much regrets taking this job now). He really is a good mechanic and actually fixed a lot of things the previous shop messed up such as leaving a few bolts out of my front suspension...etc....etc.....there is more to that story and its not even close to ending......I'm pretty sure its going to lead to a legal battle....lawyers....courtrooms and stuff......but thats another topic for another thread.

My mechanic made a mistake and put the wrong bell housing on.....he is a good guy and I trust he will fix his mistake.

I now think that the original bell housing was a 951 housing it was just the first 3 numbers (944) that was making me believe it was a 944 hosuing but as ST pointed out its the last 2 numbers that matter.

Quick Reply: Starter Question - The agony continues